Full Body: 5s Pro + FSL

Hi all. I’m looking for some assistance in putting together a 3 day/week, full-body program which involves both 5s Pro and FSL. I like the idea of 5s Pro and FSL for the sake of extra volume without going too crazy and then adding in 2-3 assistance exercises at the end.

I would imagine it would look somewhat like the below, but I am kind of lost.

Week 1
Day 1: Sq, BP
Day 2: DL, OHP
Day 3: Day 1

Week 2
Day 1: DL, OHP
Day 2: Sq, BP
etc

If anyone has suggestions on how to set this up and program it intelligently, please let me know.

Could always do something like:

Week 1-

Day 1:
Squat 5’s & fsl
Bench deload
rows 50 reps

Day 2:
dead deload
OHP 5’s & fsl
chins 50 reps

Day 3:
Squat deload
Bench 5’s & fsl
rows 50 reps

Week 2 -

Day 4:
Dead 5’s & fsl
OHP deload
chins 50 reps

Day 5: repeat process.

[quote]Uncleanly Viols wrote:
Hi all. I’m looking for some assistance in putting together a 3 day/week, full-body program which involves both 5s Pro and FSL. I like the idea of 5s Pro and FSL for the sake of extra volume without going too crazy and then adding in 2-3 assistance exercises at the end.

I would imagine it would look somewhat like the below, but I am kind of lost.

Week 1
Day 1: Sq, BP
Day 2: DL, OHP
Day 3: Day 1

Week 2
Day 1: DL, OHP
Day 2: Sq, BP
etc

If anyone has suggestions on how to set this up and program it intelligently, please let me know. [/quote]

That is generally how we set it up - we, of course, vary the sets/reps every 3-6 weeks and use 5 forward/3 back.

We also use basic assistance work throughout cycle.

[quote]TX iron wrote:
Could always do something like:
[/quote]
Thanks, I like.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
That is generally how we set it up - we, of course, vary the sets/reps every 3-6 weeks and use 5 forward/3 back.

We also use basic assistance work throughout cycle.
[/quote]
Thanks Jim.

Day 3 of each week appears to a repeat of day 1’s session. Do you use the same percentages as day 1 also?

[quote]slog wrote:
Day 3 of each week appears to a repeat of day 1’s session. Do you use the same percentages as day 1 also?[/quote]

A/B/A/B style of programming.

So, day 3 of week one would be -

Squat 70%, 80%, 90% x 5reps
Squat 70% 3-5 x 5-8 reps

Bench same %'s and reps

Do the 1000% awesome. Best 3 day template. Why would you not want to push for rep PRs?