T Nation

Full Body/3-Day Per Week Plan

I got back into lifting at the end of Aug 2019. I finished up physical therapy after a year in obstacle course readiness training. It turns out, doing that form of workout after age 30 opened me up to all kinds of injuries.

Anyways, the following is my current schedule:

Week A; 4 Sets; 5 reps

Day 1

Barbell Bent Over Rows
Deadlifts
Bench Press
Standing Bar Curl

Day 2

Overhead Press
Back Squat
Prowler Sleds
Farmer’s Carry

Day 3

Dumbbell Press (Alternate Incline, decline, flat)
Sumo Deadlifts
Sitting Wire Rows
Hack Squat

Week B; 4 Sets; 5 reps

Day 1

Back Squat
Overhead Press
Prowler Sled
Skull Crushers

Day 2

Dumbbell Press
Sumo Deadlifts
Barbell Bent Over Rows
Step Ups

Day 3

Hack Squat
Calf Raise
Overhead Press
Farmer’s Carry

Off Days: I was walking 2 miles or so every night with my wife and kid attached to my carrier.

Breakfast: Shake comprises of spinach, yogurt, Frz fruit, chia seeds, and milk
Lunch: Lean meat, carb (sweet potato) and vegetable
Dinner: Same as lunch
Snacks: Wine with chocolate

I’m 205, I lost 5 pounds since I started back which I’m happy about. It’s be had two people at work told me I’ve gained weight. Sort of pissed me off, I figure I’m bulking up from weight lifting. I want to drop down to 190.

Question: Should I tweak my workout to shed more fat? Is it too bulk inducing? Should I tell critics to just F off?

Try this, similar but better…

despite the title most people just lean out more than anything unless really pushing the calories

1 Like

Interesting article and workout schedule. So you’re advocating I slap on more mass even though I want to drop weight and lean out?

You lost 5 pounds and were all stoked because you thought you were lithe and gracile, then the mean girls at work said you looked fat?

Don’t listen to them, they’re probably just jealous.

Maybe do more stuff for your arms.

Haha thanks man, good point.

1 Like

…the feedback is If you eat at maintenance most people just lean out and their numbers/strength go up but dont really add mass. -the overall layout and especially farmers walk finishers eat up calories.

First off, telling critics to fuck off is always encouraged.

Secondly, I like the program. Commit and eat well.