Full-Auto Assault Shotgun

Coming soon to a police department near you!

It’s sweet, but I’d prolly cream my pants if I could have one of these into my hands…

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

[quote]R@NE wrote:
It’s sweet, but I’d prolly cream my pants if I could have one of these into my hands…

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm[/quote]

I like the bullpup design of the Jackhamer, but the (non-detachable) magazine has a capacity of only 10 rounds. The AA12 has a 20 round, 32 round and (soon to come) 40-round drum, and the cyclic rate is nearly the same as the Jackhammer.

Did you see how controllable the AA12 is, firing full-power 12-gauge loads at 200 rounds per minute? A battle rifle in 7.62 NATO isn’t that controllable in full-auto.

If I was going to war, and I could only have two guns, I’d take my M14 and this fucking cannon. End of story.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
R@NE wrote:

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

I like the bullpup design of the Jackhamer, but the (non-detachable) magazine has a capacity of only 10 rounds. The AA12 has a 20 round, 32 round and (soon to come) 40-round drum, and the cyclic rate is nearly the same as the Jackhammer.

Did you see how controllable the AA12 is, firing full-power 12-gauge loads at 200 rounds per minute? A battle rifle in 7.62 NATO isn’t that controllable in full-auto.

If I was going to war, and I could only have two guns, I’d take my M14 and this fucking cannon. End of story.[/quote]

Really? A full-auto shotty seems pretty silly to me no matter how controllable the recoil is. Give me a Saiga-12 and I’ll hold my own.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Really? A full-auto shotty seems pretty silly to me no matter how controllable the recoil is. Give me a Saiga-12 and I’ll hold my own.

mike
[/quote]

Well, it is, of course selective fire. I’m not a big full-auto fan myself, but I’ll bet Chesty Puller would have been happy to have a couple hundred of these puppies (and lots of spare drums) during the battle of Chosin Reservoir.

Funny you should mention the Saiga-12. Not one hour ago I recommended it to my brother as a civilian substitute for the AA12. Note the nifty little 20-round drum.

As it was shown in the Future Weapons show the AA12 is indeed very controllable and accurate… it has a faster cycling rate and more ammo capacity than the Jackhammer, it accepts all variations of 12gauge ammo without problems and is reliable in all enviroments.

The AA12 features an M16-style safety / fire selector so you dont have to blast it on full auto if you dont want to and it’s already familiar for those who have used AR15 family rifles before.

In short you’d get more than double the ammo capacity of a normal military/law-enforcement model shotgun and a shit ton of added flexibility and selectable options for different scenarios.

It pwns the Jackhammer in all features and cost, but I just cant get over the Jackhammer’s coolness factor. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Funny you should mention the Saiga-12. Not one hour ago I recommended it to my brother as a civilian substitute for the AA12. Note the nifty little 20-round drum.
[/quote]

Saiga’s are pretty common here, but I am not much of a fan of any Russian produce (granted they are rugged and reliable)… I’ll probably be getting myself one of the FABARM SDASS models when I have suitable currency and time on my hands.

Edit: Also our dumb (well not so) hunting laws dont allow more than 3 rounds to be loaded onto a single magazine

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Give me a Saiga-12 and I’ll hold my own.

mike
[/quote]

Gabe Suarez, of Suarez International, has recently been singing the praises of the Saiga. He’s been an fan of the AK system for awhile now.

I took his two day Close Range Gunfighting class last spring. He offers classes in AK gunfighting and shotgun gunfighting. Maybe I’ll take one of those this year.

http://www.suarezinternational.com/tech.html

LT

How did you like the instruction Suarez offered? He is offering a class in my area this spring and I am considering it.

Make sure you bring enough gun.

http://bluestarchronicles.com/greenberet.html

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Such a shame… that the round did not penetrate.

What the heck do they build their walls of… hahah.

[quote]hedo wrote:
LT

How did you like the instruction Suarez offered? He is offering a class in my area this spring and I am considering it.[/quote]

It is unlike any other training I’ve had. Even though the class is given on a square range, there’s a lot of movement. Also, lots of emphasis on clearing malfunctions, weak hand shooting and clearing malfunctions one handed. Because it principally was a close range class, shooting was fast and sighting was quick, if at all. If you like to put your shots into a tight group, in this class, if you do that you’ll be going too slow. Also, unlike many schools, appendix carry is not discouraged.

As far as cost, I found Suarez less expensive than other schools such as SigArms Academy. Also, unlike Sig training is out of doors. Class will be held rain or shine. It rained both days of mine. It was May and raw.

According to the schedule Jack Rumbaugh is teaching a class in PA. He is highly regarded in the Suarez circles.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

http://bluestarchronicles.com/greenberet.html

[/quote]

Haha!

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
hedo wrote:
LT

How did you like the instruction Suarez offered? He is offering a class in my area this spring and I am considering it.

It is unlike any other training I’ve had. Even though the class is given on a square range, there’s a lot of movement. Also, lots of emphasis on clearing malfunctions, weak hand shooting and clearing malfunctions one handed. Because it principally was a close range class, shooting was fast and sighting was quick, if at all. If you like to put your shots into a tight group, in this class, if you do that you’ll be going too slow. Also, unlike many schools, appendix carry is not discouraged.

As far as cost, I found Suarez less expensive than other schools such as SigArms Academy. Also, unlike Sig training is out of doors. Class will be held rain or shine. It rained both days of mine. It was May and raw.

According to the schedule Jack Rumbaugh is teaching a class in PA. He is highly regarded in the Suarez circles.

[/quote]

Thanks LT. That’s the class I was looking at.

I recently completed a CQ class that was heavy on close quarter drills, defense against the knife and retention techniques. It changed my thinking a bit and I’d like to further my training in that area. The Suarez class came highly recommended.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Coming soon to a police department near you![/quote]

Oh how aroused am I right now?

That is such a bad ass gun. That frag round is nuts. Wonder how much it weighs?

That was nice.

And I assume those Blackwater “contractors” have already “field-tested” this as well.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

If I was going to war, and I could only have two guns, I’d take my M14 and this fucking cannon. End of story.[/quote]

1. Neither an M14, nor that AA-12 are “guns.”

2. That would be a highly combat-inefficient load for any one man to carry.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

If I was going to war, and I could only have two guns, I’d take my M14 and this fucking cannon. End of story.

1. Neither an M14, nor that AA-12 are “guns.”[/quote]

hehe, You were a Marine weren’t you?[quote]

1. That would be a highly combat-inefficient load for any one man to carry.[/quote]

Agreed. I still think this thing is silly. Automatic weapons have no place for anything but supporting fires. I don’t even like the idea of MP5’s as a CQB weapon. That frag round is pretty cool though.

mike