T Nation

Fuerza Quest: A Gravity Wars Story

Coming up Milhouse!!! YEA BABY

austin-powers-mike-myers-yeah-baby-151109

Life Wifey and I still on that fun time high…although she still needs a job and we still need a house but life is simpler living with the parents and we are going to enjoy it as long as we can. My work has picked up though so that is a large amount of stress off my back.

Training Clicking along. I tweaked a butt muscle so I took the opportunity to completely recover from my 3x/week frequency that ended 4 weeks ago. I still hadnt fully recovered in my delts. I feel good now though and Bench strength is coming back.

Dec 8th Regionals The more I think about it the less I want to compete. I should be ready but I just dont want to travel 3 hours and pay for hotels and all that crap to deal with another shittily ran comp. Also I am having a ton of fun BBing right now, even though that takes nothing away from PLing…probably actually helps it.

BBer AF Experiment I have adjusted my split to be half BBing half PLing. After this cut I will be trying a lean bulk and see what kind of size I can add specifically to my arms, delts and lower lats while keeping my waist as small as possible. I will be monitoring Arms, legs and waist because those are the easiest to objectively monitor. If I stick to it this will be an entire series.

I am backing way off Comp Benching and diverting a lot more energy to delt work (not fully indicated on split).

Raw Natty 83’s Russwole won again with a PR total of 801kg. He also PRed on squat (american record) matched his PR on Bench and came with in 2.5kg of his PR on Deads (which he had but he didnt need it) Something to note is that his last workouts were much closer to the comp and were all heavy singles rather than the 4x4 and 4x5 that he did last time ~10 days out. Who knows all the details surrounding both comps (injuries etc) but kind of cool to see they made the adjustments I thought they should have done. This also might possibly puts him with in striking range of Brett Gibbs (830kg last year)…if something funky happens.

OK, lazy Saturday in my PJs working from the couch…

MM%20be%20back

Another week and some more gainz!!!

“IntraWO Carbs” the Bad: I feel so gross drinking all that sugar. Normally I eat 2-3 meals then wait until I am a little bit hungry again to go train so I dont feel like that. So drinking 100g of carbs in about 90 minutes while training just makes me feel gross.

“IntraWO Carbs” the GOOD: I got a pec pump doing curls today LOL

Strength: Its still mostly there. Hit a 270kg dead and I think that I probably have ~280kg on both Squat and Dead so those are both better than I expected being in the “off” season. When I get back into a prep with some supps not only will I not be starting from scratch I will have a much better plan this time I think it is going to be Bonkers. Larry better watch out!!! LOL more like the 83kg IPF guys better watch out but good enough.

Squat: Finally healthy enough to get some light Squats yesterday and so hopefully my Squat training gets back on track starting tomorrow.

Bench: Hit 170kg that was a high RPE but because I misgrooved it and like with Squats and Deads I have not been handling that weight recently so just to hit that makes me feel pretty fkn good.

Conjugated AF: Going to try to build up my Sumo. My buddy refuses to pull Sumo in comp (completely because of the Facebook Federation) and I really think that is costing him 30+ kg on his total. My theory on this is that if we divide his Deadlifting between Conv and Sumo because the Sumo is generally easier to recover from not only will he have more CNS to spare in training for Squat and Bench (esp late in prep when it is Sumo only) but also at the end of a Comp Sumo will be easier to pull as it is more technique than CNS when compared to Conventional. HOWEVER building your conv is probably the best thing he could do for his Sumo and after this next comp I am dividing his Deads between the 2 and I have a feeling when it comes time to prep again he will rethink his stance. At least that is my diabolical plan mwahahahahaha

Physique got a bit soft this morning as I went to slightly higher food intake for Thurs and Friday but going to cut hard this next week and then go into maintenance mode.

BBer Cut: I am so ready for one. I have the plan from training, diet and meal strategy to supps. I think this next one is where I can bring it all together for really the first time.

Work and Wifey: WOrk is work Wifey is hilarious and cute.

OK Michigan game back on so lets FKN GOOOOO!!! …or not

Totally forgot the most important part…

Wynonna Earp Season 3: honestly a big fat Meh. I think the biggest issue is that I watched 1 episode a week rather than my normal Binge watch which didnt help the continuation issues I had especially earlier in the season. I will rewatch in binge fashion and see what happens.

Frankenstein Chronicles: Good, I think anything in this time period I love. Season 2 was bit difficult to follow (think Hannibal Season 3) but the marathon helped it. Honestly the bigger issue I had with this show was chronic pausing to wiki things from the time period (if only reading wiki paid money). Only 2 season and 12 episodes so that lasted about 2 days.

Legends of Tomorrow: Caught up as far as Netflix is concerned, not bad. All time favorite episode was Episode 12 (pirates). Love pirates. I actually think they were the good guys. They stole and pillaged from the evil Imperial England and their colonies and also freed slaves. They are Robin Hoods on the wrong side of (written) history. Sure they raped and pillaged but so did the settlers they raped and pillaged so that is a wash. Pirates didnt have slaves or conquer other people though. They are also incredibly progressive as far as marriage equality is concerned. Also Black Caesar (the Pirate not the Movie)…and Black Beard may have been part black!!!

Killjoys: Now we’re talking!! 4 seasons and all on Netflix so subtitles for Wifey. The other genre I love is Sci Fi future stuff. Basically any time period not my own which really makes me hate this planet LOL FML.

I just ordered some granite intraworkout. It has eaas and complex dextrose (sugar). It is supposed to arrive today. We will see I hope it’s good. Probably not…