Fuerza Quest: UNLIMITED POWWWAAAAAAA

It wasnt going to buuuut I will probably slide it into one of the next prep videos :smiley:

ah yes NINE NIIINE!!! I have some of that to catch up on too!!! And I did rally hard on that Earp so season 2 is done…pretty sure I watched 7 or 8 episodes yesterday.

WPC 18 Out
Uni Row Machine
Dum Iso Holds
Hammer Curls
Lateral Raises

Pretty easy and fast workout.

1 Like

ZERO DARK THIRTEEN: Broken for a bit and glad I did because I found this…

roids%20LOL

“What medicine is good for pain of arthritis?”

For good Luck
For Migrain
For cough
For Flu

LMAO

I also saw Pikis Deadlift 260kg for 6 which does not put him any where near his 100% but I am sure he will compete and put up a decent total.

Being completely honest 800kg is almost guaranteed to win this competition unless somebody comes out of the wood work that I dont know about (not a large group of us so we all know of each other).

LUIS ATTEMPTs and STRATEGY: We have backed off his strategy of YOLO and we will build a total and give him as much practice for Regionals as possible. Basically lowered the 2nds a bit to give more lee way for lowered 3rds but his PR attempts are still 3rd highs. He mentioned he needs to make progress but didnt realize that his 2nds (lowered) beat his PDC Raw total by 7.5kg at the same body weight.

MY ATTEMPTS and STRATEGY:

Warmups are in LBS off photo and converted to KGs in Photo.

Attempts%203

Yea, so I know my jumps because in the past I know what I feel comfortable with. I have a good idea my openers because it wouldnt make much sense to open any lighter. But that creates 3rd highs that dont look super likely. If after Saturday those 3rds still look crazy I will lower my 2nds.

As of right now I have a ton of confidence I have a 315+ Dead, 200kg Bench and 200kg Squat…not a typo.

Tomorrow is Squats, Friday Bench Singles with ~Opener and Saturday is my last Dead workout where I find out how shit my grip is so I will have a lot more info.

cant wait for next prep in RPE LOL

Magic Pipe Dream Numbers:

98.5kg BW and 817.5kg Total = 1800lbs and 500 Wilks which are retirement numbers (lol right, we addicted AF and I will probably weigh in closer to 95-96kg)

It might be possible to have an 800kg total locked up going into my 3rd Deadlift attempt which if my assumptions prove to be accurate would lock up 1st so I could go for what ever I need for a 500 Wilks or what ever else I think I have a shot at with no risk on that 3rd Deadlift attempt.

1 Like

17 Days Out
Squats
1s @
495-545-585
615@7 RPE

Crunches
3x20@10.5 RPE

615 was faster last time but way better form this time (no back rounding). In my head I was like ok RPE7 maybe 8, now according to RPE that means I could triple it but my reps rarely match up for Squats or Bench but then I was thinking. That 615 felt lighter than the 1st rep of the 565 I did triple so hey maybe? Either way my Squat confidence is growing. 290 I feel is in the bag, maybe 295. 300 needs a miracle. Anything over 290 is freeroll.

I HELPED SOMEBODY!!! Some friends in Yukatan have been following this Bench program that has a lot of really really light AMRAP sets like in the 50+ rep range (which, yea…no) but they were tap and going and not locking anything out, basically Ego Lifting at its finest. I left it alone until 1 for sure (but I think 2) bombed out of their last comp for bench. The dude I know for sure who bombed had hit 140kg for 6 and then missed it 3 times for his opener. I explained that if you are a PLer and you cant pause your bench it doesnt matter how many reps you do. He said thanks and ignored it for a while but now he is pausing all his reps (and his ARMAPs got about halved). SPECIFICITY PEOPLE!!!

Wifey split the seat in her pants but wont let me use it as advertising for my Programs LOL (everything else on her is still small…but not dat booty)

Sleep is getting ridiculous basically the last week or so I have been waking up ~4-5am, have breakfast, nap 1-2 hours. Meal Prep and Meal #2 and nap for 1-2 hours. Small meal, gym and nap for 1-2 hours. Go to bed at 9pm sleep pretty solid through. I think hormones and preworkout are working together. The day I take preworkout I dont nap or sleep as much the day after then it is right back to Perma Mexi Coma mode. (Mexi Coma is what they call long naps here in El Norte de Mexico…really funny IMO…its hot as balls so afternoon naps to escape the heat are pretty much part of the culture.)

OK MEXI COMA TIME!!! (somehow fit that to the song Hammer Time)

2 Likes

16 Days Out
BENCH
3x1@405
7x1@355

Rope Tri Extensions
2x20

Yea kind of disappointing. Could be hung over from yesterday’s Squats. DIdnt get my 2nd preworkout nap today. Bench commands might have been a bit longer too.

BENCH ATTEMPTS LOCKED IN: 177.5-190-200 barring a disaster I dont see those getting changed except the 3rd lowered on comp day if needed.

TOTAL: I really wont need to hit my high end of Squats or Bench to still be able to pull out a decent total. I will absolutely need to go 6 for 6 on them though. I will know a LOT more tomorrow after my last dead workout. Then hopefully with that done Bench and Squat can pop up a bit.

FUTURE PREPS: Oh man the list of changes is growing. Its tough because I am battling father time and progress necessitated changes basically every prep. If this goes tits up (no idea why that is a bad thing actually) my offseason is going to be ridiculous.

After a 2-6 Week Deload and Hypertriphy period this is what I am considering for the Offseason:

Offseason%20YOLO%20specific

Its just in the past I had trained too specific for too long and this time I am certain I didnt give myself time to be specific. Had I stuck to RPE guidelines in prior training I think the longer durations of low rep work would have been fine.

Any who, nap time!!!

1 Like

Googled tits up, origin is probably from WW2 and has to do with altitude indicators malfunctioning.

Still, funny and if thought about literally no way that is a bad thing 3:)

1 Like

FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!

FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!

FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!

STUPID FUCKING ARROGANT STUPID FUCKING MISTAKES!!!

Grip did not hold up today on a different bar. We are so fkn proper fkt. At this point I will be lucky to match my old Total of 773kg.

On the one hand I have never had this issue before (thats what he said) and on the other hand this is a pretty fkn obvious problem that comes from not training with your grip enough.

Right now the plan is to double grip iso holds starting with double overhand and then Hook when needed. I am not going to bother learning mixed again, I tried mixed today and tweaked my back. The last thing I wanted is to be compressing my lower back when I am supposed to be peaking my squat but its either that or thoughts and prayers.

I am also considering cutting into the 90kg class. I am already waking up under 100kg and I could easily get to 95/96kg before meet week just with body comp and 5kg is not much if any of a water cut. Through Superdrol all things are possible LOL except grip apparently. I would need more holes in my belt though.

90kg class competes on Saturday so I would get to compete on the same day as Luis which would be fun. I will put a pin in this and see what my weight and strength is in a week.

I briefly wanted to pull out but that would be the most pathetic move any person could make so I am going to big person up and take my very painful medicine and afterwards I will rage train until the next competition. My wife is going to leave me LOL…no she wont because I wont put her through this again. (I am not angry or cold or what ever but she has clearly been neglected, I have gone out maybe 3 times since this prep started 11 Weeks ago.)

15 Days Out
Dead 1s
225-315-405
495-585-635…ish
635 mixed nooooope

Mixed Iso Holds
3@405

Barbell Rows
3x12@225

1st 635 was pretty much locked out but it would have been reds. It wasnt as fast as the 645 either. 585 held great, then 635 was just not there.

FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!

Last one…

FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!
FUUUUUUUARCCKKKKK!!!

OK, I’m done. Happy Saturday.

UPDATED DEADLIFT ATTEMPTS: 265-x285x-x285x (Xs denote misses)

LOL WIfey:

“Sorry about your grip”
“Not your fault”
“I know, what did you read about it?”

LOL, if only it were that simple this time.

LOL Luis’s Solution: Start curling in Squat rack, well, I’m a BBer now so I am pretty sure that is what that rack is for anyways now so yea, that will be happening.

2 Likes

98.9kg AM Weight Drank water through night and am down 0.7kg from yesterday. The only reason i held onto 100kg was a commitment to eating what ever it took including junk. I will drop the junk and drink only water and see what falls off weight wise (and strength too I guess). I will be force feeding myself though to keep as much strength as possible.

Blood Pressure 147/81 pulse 91…not super early in AM and not great and not telling wifey about this LOL. Not a surprise either but lets see what happens with a week of clean eating.

Earp Grip The weak link in Hook (or any grip really) is the pinkie and ring finger (which is compounded in “slayer” grip). So to attack this I invented Earp Grip. Basically you only use the ring and pinkie finger and the thumb, index and middle finger are left pointing like a gun hence the name.

Benefits of this will be I will get to tax the weak point while not taxing my spine, maybe even by doing pullups with this grip. Also my thumb joints are sore so maybe letting them heal will help.

Plan E…ish I will sink my thumb in a bit on comp day which should get my ring finger on my thumb giving some extra grip at the expense of my thumb socket. I can sprain my thumbs though and then i have an entire offseason to get healthy.

Plan Fish Same logic to combine both hook with mixed if need be. I really dont like this as much as I tried right under and could feel my bicep tendon wanting to come through my skin.

Iso Holds on Hold To maximize Squat peak I will test my iso hold post Squats on friday, until then nothing but Earp Grip everyday.

**I have not earned this beard.**I would shave but It makes my wife a bit “crazy” and I cant be doing that much cardio right now. Maybe peak week if I need to lose a bit of weight.

Happy more Rational Sunday but just one more for the Road…

FUUUUUUUAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

1 Like

You may already have tried this, but I’ll go ahead anyway.

With mixed, I used to get twisted. So I tried hook. Didn’t like. Then Greg had me focus on squeezing oranges in my armpits as the first thing I do whe. I grip the bar. This completely removes any twisting with mixed grip for me. Add that having my underhand an inch further out and I’m going.

3 Likes

BP: 160/81 pulse 82 WTF…took this twice. Explains a lot, I had already decided to start walking after every meal again and in the evening. Might lower test dose too.

Bp machine does read ~10 points because the sleeve is too small… dropping salt for today anyways.

BW: 96.5kg dropped a lot faster than i would have thought. I assume that is the junk food water flush and it will kind of settle here for the week. This is a very doable cut to 90kg.
Waist: 96cm

Lets hope squats don’t suck today. I force fed myself all yesterday. Rice potato beef and the collagen deposit stuff too. 5 eggs for breakfast. I was full all yesterday.

@MarkKo thank you, never hesitate to post those things!!! I did try those things and it helps but when I pull I lose it all. I will use those in combination with hook+mixed if need be. In the end i am committing to hook because it is just my stronger grip, shit or not lol.

Walk with water then eat. Time to grind!!!

2 Likes

Will you be using a smaller diameter deadlift bar in the competition? My comp was the first time using a deadlift bar and it was the best my hook grip had ever felt.

28mm. The bar i last used was Ivanko 28mm and it did feel good but still wasnt
enough. I will go get one more iso hold session with it on Thursday.

1 Like

Lol mass gainer fail… bananas, almond milk, jar of peanut butter… so far so good. Then i added cocoa…way too much. It tastes terrible. If I wasn’t so against wasting food I would try the liquid meals shakes like rice and steak but I can’t imagine me drinking the whole thing…or any of it. Not giving up on shakes though.

? Days Out
SQUATS
1s @ 405-495-545
Earp Holds
Crunches

Squats felt reverse awesome thanks to some blood pressure fun. Hoping this gets cleared up by Friday.

1 Like

Started watching Wynonna Earp due to your reviews, haha it is delightfully campy and fun. Also, interesting take on the ‘Earp’ Grip, training portions of your hand/grip, makes sense. I’ll be strong enough at some point to need it, ha!

1 Like

Hopefully you wont be silly enough to make my mistakes to need it :wink:

Un-gluten intolerance is a thing? Cuz yesterday i broke down and ate some junk and i have felt great ever since. Obviously it was just getting the calories in but today was the first time I really felt good in a while. BP was down to normal too?

12 Days Out
BENCH
4x1@405

Dum OHP 20@75
Tri Rope 2x15ish
Earp Holds

Faster commands today and the 1st 3 reps moved! 4th slow off chest then solid lockout which is backwards for me. Gives me new hope.

Went off script (heavier) because never too early to start fixing mistakes.

This entire offseason and prep was too light. I am probably forgetting how beat up i was physically and mentally but I will get into it more later.

FEED ME Gonna eat it alllll!! SHW LETS GOOOOO!!!

1 Like

11 Days Out
Earp Grip Rows
Earp Pullups
Hammer Curls
Dum Iso Holds

Went to beach body (and waded though a mountain of gym fuckery pollution) to use the Ivanko bar. It might be a bit of a stretch to get 3 fingers on my thumb.

**Meat Head Meet Investigations is BACK **

And so is Pikis. He hit a 300kg Deadlift triple and then 260kg for 10 which still doesn’t put him 100% but i expect him to compete. Last I heard he was not… Or maybe he was Zero Dark 13 too?

Israel did a mockish meet up to I am guessing his Openers of 280-155-292.5. Based on what I have seen I am guessing he will total 780 and I am just guessing for the handicapper in me. His range is 770 to 800 and it really comes down to how depth is judged. He could bomb or have a 310ish squat.

As for me I will know everything on Saturday.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlOce2KnP33/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5ty9s5ng54il

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlqeflgFjQz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ag83k3jthj3d

2 Likes

8 Days Out
Squats
1s to 545-585-615
Crunches
3x20

Squat Attempts
262.5-280-290

Not thrilled that is my 3rd attempt and really kicking myself for not taking another squat last week after 615. Today i slow squatted 615 so I didnt take the jump i was supposed to but nothing felt super either.

Future Programming
I am never taking more than a triple ever again for the big 3.
Program until I retire (ignoring deloads) will be lots of work in the 80-90% range and tons of BBing prehab.
Rep PRs clearly didnt translate to Squat gains. Might have with bench though.

Hopefully bench goes better tomorrow

2 Likes

Interesting you say nothing over triples. I think once you max out body size anything over triples is a waste of reps. 5s may benefit some but 8s and 10s are clearly hypertrophic and will aid building mass not strength. As long as you have lifted building may just be one training block per yearly cycle.

3 Likes

I definitely noticed size gain in quads, butt and the scale and my Squat/Dead did not improve.

1 Like

This is probably a bit premature buuut…

This prep was made worse by my offseason. Not nearly enough heavy work. The only thing that made progress was my Bench and shockingly Bench is what I trained heavier on average than Squat and Dead. There was a ton of mental fatigue and chronic injuries so there is that.

Goal going into this "OFF"season is just to maintain90-95% of my top end strength. And some other goals all oriented around that.

Goals

Program

2 Things revolutionary for me is this is an actual strength block and a Deload. I mean RPE too which I am switching to mainly to be able to keep the same program as my strength probably drops a bit in the “off” season.

OOOoooo also we conjugated!!! Only Comp squat once a week!!! Then lots of Assistance. Front Squat Hypertrophy work, Dum Pressing and of course Rowing. And Grip strength. I am addressing all the weaknesses in both my lifts and programming.

One other big deal is that squats and deadlifts each get their own dedicated days.

2 Likes