T Nation

Fuerza Quest: A Gravity Wars Story

His gym is less than ten miles from me. Actually thought about joining a while back.

I feel like Larry got some Invinciblitus* and thought he could do it all was a lot of the issue.

*Clinical term for someone who thinks they are invincible but in reality are not.

So jealous, I am going to have to buy my own PL bar in a couple months when weights get higher and you guys have world class coaches/gyms next door.

CARBIN UP!!! After a few low calorie days decided to do a carb up. I thought this would be some kind of challenge but it is 1pm and I ate 400g of raw rice or about 1.3kg of cooked with veggies and I have 0 bloat. Guess I was a bit depleted. I still have 600 calories I could eat what ever with. Not feeling like a cheat so maybe more rice and veggies LOL.

My veggies were peppers and onions #verticaldiet LOL

WORKOUT #1
BENCH
13@245
5x8@245

PEC DEC
LATERAL RAISE
DUM OHP
BACK FLY

Volume PR and a half for Bench…also pretty sure that is the most weight I have hit 13 reps for so cool.

WORKOUT #2:
Really half assed arm pump…couldnt focus and was goofing off with wifey (completely not her fault…well sort of LOL)

POOR LUIS: He is going to a different Physio, thats the good part. He was pretty annoyed I had him Benching 75lbs today and he said it felt a bit tight not painful but now he is going to the physio so he probably wasnt even ready for that. Hopefully he gets some rehab exercises and he can hammer that.

OK GROCERIES!!!

POWA and PUMP
SKWATS
7@485

DEADLIFTS
3x9@375

Deadlifts were brutal AF. I am feeling a bit rough right now and I have to go back to train Sofi, going to probably do some abs and yoga.

PHYSIQUE Too hairy to tell but I am feeling awesome. I dropped eggs to carb up hard last 2 days. Back to eggs and lower carbs tomorrow though.

LUIS UPDATE:

He is dead, not technically yet buuuuut the gym chick messaged him asking if he would be at the gym tomorrow I assume for a spot. So Luis will not be making it to WPC after all. LOL

MEET UPDATE:

Luis is in talks with the WPC Mexican Director or who have you.

Squat depth is parallel (just going to use that as a bail out if needed)

Head lift and heave is good to go on Bench, Going to add that in on later reps as most people add tap and goes. I will probably also do about half of my reps that way in the peak. I am pretty sure that gives me a 205+ bench as of now.

Now the FUNNY PART: Meet days are flexible like just show up and lift when you can like LOOOOL!!! Vive Mexico (Luis said it first).

The obvious angle here is lift on Sunday to know what I need to lift etc. But truly I want to go head to head with Pikis (100kg) and Israel (90/100kg) if at all possible.

Which brings me to Competitors Update:

Pikis is leaning out and doing some BB stuff. He might be trying to get into the 90kg class and I am also pretty sure he is battling injuries. His IG account isnt showing a lot of training.

Israel is probably actually going to be in the 100kg class. He just did a Mock Meet and went 300/155/300@99 w/wraps for 755. He missed a 320kg quarter Squat, he could be very dangerous in 12 weeks.

ME: Going to push it to the best that I can and keep the injuries in check. As of right now I think we are all very even. Hopefully I can pull away…

OK SANTOS PLAYING LEG 1 SO VAMOOOSSSSSY VENGAAAAAA!!!

“On this edition of: The Meathead Sleuth! Bot checks in on his competitors, weighs in on meet format, and loses a dear friend? Stay tuned to find out!”

hahahaha Totally stealing this for something, not sure what yet!!!

PULL
Dum Yates
5x10@80s

PULLUPS
13-12-13-12

Cable Back Fly
4x12

Some Curls

Great back pump, not a great bicep pump. I think I ran out of carbs. Only ate once this morning and it wasnt a ton.

DIET: Going to try and potato and veggie blast my way through the weekend in hopes I can get another half cm off my waist.

PREP: I am having some fun. The training is feeling awesome and I think I finally figured out the Peak puzzle to do everything I want to do (with Squat Frequency). I am going to go Hulk smash everything mode from here to that Meet…with in reason to stay healthy obviously.

MORE MEATHEAD SLEUTHING:

PIKIS UPDATE:

Just posted a 485lbs / 220kg for 7…so very suspicious :smiley:

I am going to tag him next week for my 525 AMRAP con “tu turno”…I mean as long as it is a decent set.

COMP BENCH RULES CONFIRMED

Head lift is fine and heels can come up. I am going to bench 210+ and that will be key if I am going to win. I am going to make my Bench training a little more aggressive in the later weeks.

DAYS CONFIRMED: Luis wants to lift on “his” day and so I will keep my day as well. He weighs in Thursday and Lifts Friday. I weigh in Friday and lift Saturday.

Shit AF Workout:
BENCH
8-5-5@295
3x8@245

SQUATS
3x8@225

DUM OHP
3x10@50

So I forgot my bench grippy mat thing (cannibalized yoga mat) and also my gym is down to 1 straight bar (that is still bi-curious) that was being used. Once again to all of you people with fancy shit like flat floors and straight bars I am insanely fucking jealous, yes profanity is necessary.

1st working set my back slipped and I tweaked a trap muscle. If I am being honest with myself I think me trying to do the head lift and heave had something to do with it. Subtlety is key, note for future. But I used it on a couple of warmup reps and Damn I could feel it.

I tried desperately to front Squat but that didnt work. I probably would have gotten it in another hour of work or so. I will work on it every Squat session until I can just do front Squats again. I also mildly inflamed mi SI joint…but no worries I am popping them Aleve so I wont feel nothing later. Normally I would wait it out but I am just not in that mood.

Annnd dont even feel like eating so I meal prepped another days of food that is smaller so I dont have to eat so much today LOL.

OK going to idk what, HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

GO SANTOOOOOSSSS!!!

Leg 2 of 2 is today and we are winning 2-1 but Leg 2 is in their stadium so I dont have the highest of hopes. As being raised a Detroit fan this “tempered” hopes strategy allows me to still enjoy Football LOL Well I mean that and rooting for good teams.

SUNDAY PUMP
Arms and some light Rear and Lateral delt prehab.

Had a gun plan but scrapped it to just have some really light pump chasing fun.

Physique It is coming in, a little leaner and I will probably have an update photo. My scale is straight trash though so I am relying on gym scales and I just want to get my gym weight below 100kg. That will set me up to be in the low to mid 90s for the weigh in with out much work.

OK GOING TO SNACK NAP And Watch the Lebron show from last night, no spoilers!!!

WE WONNNN!!! Ok Santos Won, but I played a large role in their success by noticing it :smiley:

LOWER #1: 2 Working Sets
SQUATS
13@365

DEADLIFTS
13@435

great hamstring activation in Squats today. I kind of think because of my leverages and mobilities if I want good posterior activation in Squats my back is going to do some rounding. On limited amount of work that is fine but when the volume is increased I get sore to the point of immobilized.

Luis IPF wanted to coach me and its not that I dont think he is a good coach is just that no coach will know my body better than I do…and when I dont ignore all that I know it goes pretty well. But when I try to train like what others say and do I get broken.

LOWER #2: Prehab
Ham Curls
Quad X
Ham Kickbacks
Concentration Curls
EZ Bar Curls

New Bicep Program Named: DAYS ENDING IN Y
Everyday I am going to try to hit 1 or 2 exercises with a lot less weight and a bit more reps and a TON more concentration telling that muscle GROW MTHR FKR!!!

OK making The Hook Grip Hand Size Video, this will be my favorite video I think.

Your gym may have straight bars and flat floors but mine has fresh bird shit FML. And no, this isnt a half open barn or anything. Its enclosed and even has AC.

EASY PULL
Dum Rows
Bar Rows
More Dum Rows
Pullups
Hammer Rows
EZ Bar Curls

Punch the clock workout, wifey drained my life force with pre workout cardio then she hit some Bench PRs. She has been on a tear the last couple days with PRs.

posting it here because hilarious and I (we) had a lot of fun making this.

NATTY with TREN!!!
It has begun and I have 2 new injection spots (calves and lats) which will be important because it looks like I will be pinning 12+ times a week the last 3 weeks of prep. SLIN PINS FOR THE WIN THOUGH!!!

PHYSIQUE/DIET: Lost all the easy flub to lose and I am going to smash some donuts and cookies at Deadpool. Back to maintenance calories probably Friday.

HAPPY TUESDAY!!!

Hey, birds like AC too.

Too soon for jokes LOL…they just bought 2 new sissy Squat stands and a Leg Press…still have only one mostly straight bar that is a like a pool noodle with anything over 4 plates. They also dont have paper towels or soap in the bathrooms, but yea lets buy that stuff LOL.

I need a house and my living room home gym so bad (currently in negotiations to get it Wifey approved).

WEDNESDAY BENCH
265 for 11-6-8-5-5

WEDNESDAY PM ASSISTANCE
Gunz and Delts

THURSDAY LOWER
SQUATs
5@525

DEADs
8-8-10@395

Sissy Squat machine…obv

LOL My fat ass got stuck in my belt. My new belt is incredibly stiff and really hard to get it to the notch I really want it. Well today I got it to that notch and it felt great…but I got stuck.

annnnd some funny shit:

How did the calves and lat injections go? I am running vet grade eq at 50mg/ml and doing 12 injections per week as well.

Calves are a no go. 0.4cc of Test E 250 sucked. It was never debilitating but it was painful and got pretty red yesterday. I will not be injecting there again. Having said that EQ would probably be ok.

Lats I have only done 0.6cc of Test E and other than the initial injection feeling weird (kind of like pecs) I have 0 Pip or even noticing it. I feel like they could easily take 1.5cc of easier stuff (Test, Deca, EQ).

Both done with Insulin Needles.

And damn 50mg/mL, that would be a lot of volume!!!

It is a lot of volume which I don’t like but I don’t have a lot of options. I can get test and proviron at the pharmacy and eq at the vet supply shop. I would not trust ug where I live and mail order is a no go. Customs opens every package at asses a tax value then you have to go pay the taxes before you can get the package. This run I am trying a high eq low test and proviron and so far I have not had to use an AI which I am liking.

THAT is lame LOL but at least you get pharm grade and vet grade.

SUPER LAZY PULL
Hammer ROw
Barbell Row (3x12ish @ 135 LOL)
Concentration Curls
Yoga and Stuff

Yea just not in go mode today. Oh well I dont need to be today.

Long Ass Workout
BENCH
8-5-5@315
3x5@265

PEC DEC
DUM ROW
DUM OHP

This took a lot longer than expected and I was supposed to Squat too but I royally fkt my knee on Bench.

Oh sure anybody can tweak their bench form but how many can tear up their knee doing it?

So normally I twist my feet and make them flat and it applies a more sideways pressure to my knees. Today because WPC bench rules I tried to Bench from just the toes. Loved it, great arch, great control but when I went to my first working set it shredded my knee wide open as all that pressure was placed squarely on my Patella tendon. Pain wise I think this rivals 13 months ago but then again that didnt actually hurt that bad. I think this will heal faster though (it fkn better because I am Squatting Monday.)

Superdrol 2 Week review: This was day 16. No back pump, some lethargy this week. Definitely some awesome recomp and maybe a bit of dryness that didnt help my bench situation today. Thursday on the Sissy Squat my knee wasnt feeling great either. I am going to be running 2 more 8 day mini cycles of SD every 3 weeks for this first 9 weeks (lines up with the heaviest Squat workouts) and then a 3 week cycle to run into the comp. Next mini cycle I will be trying the injectable to see how it compares to oral. I might also try Dbol again depending on weight, BF% and my knee. I kind of want to save the oral SD for the last weeks to get pinning down during that time but in the end it will be what ever it takes to get the drugs in my belly!!! (highly not recommended, my health will not be great that Sunday after the comp.)

tenor%20(1)

Vertical Diet Review: So I get that the vertical diet is designed to get a massive amount of energy into your system with minimal gastric distress and bloating but it also has to come out and I am really not thinking a couple peppers is enough fiber to keep things comfortable. LOL yea so that is where I am at. Tomorrow back to my normal 500g of veg and rice and being constantly full, bloated and hungry all day every day.

I say tomorrow because tonight it is WINGS AND BASKETBALL BABY!!! And Wifey will be enjoying some comically large cerveza’s too. Not super excited for tonights game because I think GSW will roll Rockets and I find it really hard to root for the GSW.

I love so much about them. I love the ball movement, the salary cuts and unselfishness in the name of winning buuuut they are cocky little shits, poor sports and not only does everybody not seem to give a shit but If some other players/teams acted like they did they would be banned from the league. Then there is Draymond Green. I love defense, I love hard play and he has both by the bucket. I love that he is from Michigan and went to MSU. Buuuut the dude cant stop nut stomping and picking fights with every body who does nothing to deserve it and yet again the league does nothing.

ANy Who HAPPY SATURDAY MAY THE GAINZ AND WINGS BE WITH YOU!!!

With front squats a simple thing for mobility is forearm stretching, do it whenever you can everyday and your wrist mobility will increase a tonne. i stretch to aid in forearm recovery but it really has increased my mobility.

I used to do those stretches on the way to the gym, not sure why I stopped. Thank you!! I am going to have to start doing that again.

HOLY FUCK LIFE IS SHORT!!! Pretty cool dude and damn. It is really important to enjoy what you are doing because so fast it could be gone.

SUNDAY GUN…ish day
50 Pushups (lost bet)
Some Curls

Really short workout. A ghost pepper salsa wing has my stomach a little messed and my delt is dealing with what seems to be an infection starting so hurrayyyyy.

I have had the blazing salsa like it is nothing or what ever the normal spiciest salsa you can get at those commercial wing places and I am not a spicy person. This ghost pepper salsa was on another level. Not as bad as eating a raw habenero which left my tongue feeling like it was smashed with a hammer and then heart burn for 24 hours but it was hot and I cried. I am so happy to be eating my normal boring veggies rice and chicken today. I think my stomach is already flatter.

We are off to Grandma’s house and with that

Lift Heavier, Laugh Harder, Fight Stronger. -Team Strongwood