Fueling Your Workout

Food 30 minutes before, Kool-Aid and caffeine right before.

If your not trying to lose fat, more carbs 1.5-2 hours before workout. I feel that’s the best time for it to be eaten and used by the body for fuel.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
jCaesar88 wrote:
Ok, so lately since I started actually pushing myself in the gym, I feel like I “run out of fuel” half way through my workout. By the 2nd half of the workout, I have to lower the weight I use, or I won’t perform the exercises with good form, or will not manage to get desired reps.

I would normally fix this with popping Spike before a workout, but now I workout at about 8pm after I get home from work and eat, so i can’t pop Spike cuz then I won’t fall asleep.

So as far as I know Surge give you energy to workout harder/longer. But I don’t have the money right now for another supplement, and quite frankly I don’t know if its worth it for that price.
So I was thinking of getting me some powdered Gatorade and chug it down either before my workout or during. (initially wanted to get it for postworkout, because of the dextrose)

Any thoughts? Comments? Advices? Tips? Tricks?

Thank you

I’m a strong advocate of proper pre-workout nutrition. I find it to be more crucial than a hodgepodge of “pre-workout” supplements. What exactly are you eating 1.5-2 hours prior to training? [/quote]

On the train ride home i down almonds, 30-40 mins later i eat 2-3 bananas and some canned peaches, and a whey shake. gym is some 40-60 mins later.
Do you recommend other foods to be eaten before or is this ok? Eat more during the 2 hours pre-workout?

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

On the train ride home i down almonds, 30-40 mins later i eat 2-3 bananas and some canned peaches, and a whey shake. gym is some 40-60 mins later.
Do you recommend other foods to be eaten before or is this ok? Eat more during the 2 hours pre-workout?[/quote]

Bananas and peaches? I would swap in some oatmeal and a bigger protein source. Personally I go for a chicken meal with oatmeal and some walnut oil mixed in the oatmeal. I’m pretty carb heavy on this meal. Then 20 minutes before I train I load up on all my pre-workout supps

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
jCaesar88 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

Do you recommend other foods to be eaten before or is this ok? Eat more during the 2 hours pre-workout?

Bananas and peaches? I would swap in some oatmeal and a bigger protein source. Personally I go for a chicken meal with oatmeal and some walnut oil mixed in the oatmeal. I’m pretty carb heavy on this meal. Then 20 minutes before I train I load up on all my pre-workout supps[/quote]

Hmph, will try that. See I thought that I’m alright cuz i ate about 140g of carbs

I find I have the most energy after a big ground turkey or chicken pasta dinner.

Just use whole wheat pasta and homemade tomato sauce if you want it to be healthier.

edit- I also usually put yams in my pasta dishes too