Fuckarounditis

See, working out still allows you and everyone else a lot of time to spend doing whatever the fuck

let the man read what he pleases, he is resting while doing that

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
not one to critize othersā€¦but i will in this case. if you spent less time reading long ass shit like this and more time, killing it, eating, resting, killing it your avatar pic might look better with in a year. i mean is that the pic you decided was the ā€œgood oneā€ to put up?[/quote]

My man, your comment really doesnā€™t make much sense.

Gym takes just over an hour 4/5 days a week, that leaves plenty of time to do other thing. I love fitness and training, so I like to read training related articles. I thought this one was good, so I shared it. Thatā€™s to be expected on a bodybuilding website.

So your comment comes from left field.

With regards to your comment on my ā€˜terribleā€™ avatar pic. Iā€™m more than happy with my body - I gained 90lbs over the last 6 years - almost all muscle.

Seems like a rather hipocrital and unnecessary comment to make, considering you are trolling around reading the article I posted, and consdering that your avatar is certainly nothing to write home about.

sorry dude, iā€™m dick before food in the a.m. that pic did suck though, looked very soft. good job on the gains, your young too, correct? i have to cut skinny starters a break, i was one. i began @145 in 2006. iā€™m not huge or even big in my eyes yet @ 210 currently, but i am lean for the weight. @ my heaviest i was 226lb but i feel better now and all my lifts minus my deadlift are higher at the lower bw. iā€™ll push again to try for 230+ but i end up getting fatter than i like.

see good things did happen you changed your pic, much more he-man. if youā€™ve gained 90lbs what did you start at???

i read parts of the article tonight, i think if you are growing making gains than this article isnā€™t necessary, if youā€™ve been a gym goer for a few yrs and look the same this article is a good read. itā€™s just articles as such are re-capitualted every few months and often the writer(s) are just sort of douchbags. see i donā€™t even mean that, just cannot think of a proper way to conclude.

potato.

p.s. my avatar is something to write home about! i wrote my family and told them iā€™m getting HHHUUGGGEEE. plus my beard adds 20% strength to all my lifts. i donā€™t even need a training partner, when i do drop sets my beard strips the weights and gives me hand offs. badass.

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I read a couple paragraphs, then started fucking around.[/quote]

I fucked around for hours last night.

Shitā€™s exhausting.[/quote]

ahahaha, nice replies.[/quote]

Big props on the avatar, awesome books, awesome character.

sorry dude, iā€™m dick before food in the a.m. that pic did suck though, looked very soft. good job on the gains, your young too, correct? i have to cut skinny starters a break, i was one. i began @145 in 2006. iā€™m not huge or even big in my eyes yet @ 210 currently, but i am lean for the weight. @ my heaviest i was 226lb but i feel better now and all my lifts minus my deadlift are higher at the lower bw. iā€™ll push again to try for 230+ but i end up getting fatter than i like.

see good things did happen you changed your pic, much more he-man. if youā€™ve gained 90lbs what did you start at???

i read parts of the article tonight, i think if you are growing making gains than this article isnā€™t necessary, if youā€™ve been a gym goer for a few yrs and look the same this article is a good read. itā€™s just articles as such are re-capitualted every few months and often the writer(s) are just sort of douchbags. see i donā€™t even mean that, just cannot think of a proper way to conclude.

potato.

p.s. my avatar is something to write home about! i wrote my family and told them iā€™m getting HHHUUGGGEEE. plus my beard adds 20% strength to all my lifts. i donā€™t even need a training partner, when i do drop sets my beard strips the weights and gives me hand offs. badass.

[/quote]

Haha - no worries!

I started at just 120lbs. Age 21, and Iā€™m now 27 and got up to 207lbs this year. Iā€™m now down to 190lbs and my goal for the end of December is to still be at 190, but with BF under 10%. Iā€™m currently following leangains for diet, and HCT12 routine (itā€™s an awesome routine, picked up great strength and definitely helping with my re-composition. You check out out the routine by googling HCT 12 pdf)

Nothing wrong with your avatar, i was bitching in response. lol. I need to grow a beard to add that 20% on my deadlift and chins!

Pretty good read, thx for putting it on here. Was long i agree there but I liked it.

too long did not read

Op - you owe me 5 min.

Summary: Squat, Deadlift and keep a journal or youā€™re fucking around in the gym.

Guess I should start journaling all my lifts so I can stop fucking around.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Op - you owe me 5 min.

Summary: Squat, Deadlift and keep a journal or youā€™re fucking around in the gym.

Guess I should start journaling all my lifts so I can stop fucking around.[/quote]

Basically.

I donā€™t use a journal. I donā€™t see a problem with them, but damn, not keeping one has no effect on whether you make optimal progress or not. If you are focused enough, you are going to pick up on when it is time to go up in weight and you wonā€™t forget the mountain you just climbed last week.

Iā€™m in the gym almost everyday. I think there would be a huge problem if I got amnesia before every workout.

Also, everyone knows where I stand on deadlifts. Great exercise, but not doing them does not mean you canā€™t have a back bigger than most who do them.

potato.

[/quote]

LMFAO!

Cyrus delivers!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Op - you owe me 5 min.

Guess I should start journaling all my lifts so I can stop fucking around.[/quote]

Basically.

I donā€™t use a journal. I donā€™t see a problem with them, but damn, not keeping one has no effect on whether you make optimal progress or not. If you are focused enough, you are going to pick up on when it is time to go up in weight and you wonā€™t forget the mountain you just climbed last week.

Iā€™m in the gym almost everyday. I think there would be a huge problem if I got amnesia before every workout.
[/quote]

Tell it to David Henry. lol

I used a journal every workout for years, but about a month ago I stopped. It takes a bit of discipline to make a mental note on some things (especially when so focused on the action and not the actual numbers). But Iā€™m at the point now where I can remember what I did last week.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

potato.

[/quote]

LMFAO!

Cyrus delivers!
[/quote]

Agreed. I have decided to increase beard power as well. I will avoid shaving until Christmas.

This guy is Phil Galfondā€™s personal trainer? He should take some lessons from Galfond in brevity.

Give me a call Phil, Iā€™ll train you at no charge in exchange for poker lessons.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
So its an inflammation of the ā€œfuckaroundā€? I donā€™t know what that guy does in his spare time, but it sounds disgusting.[/quote]

Hyperfuckaroundaria?

I never use a training log but i also have a photographic memory

hmmā€¦

donā€™t worry about muscle mass, just worry about getting stronger on the compound movements.

you are lucky your post was so long or some people would be very angry with you :-p

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
I never use a training log but i also have a photographic memory[/quote]

I have a good memory too, for e.g. are you the guy with the Venom/comic book hero in your previous avi? :slight_smile:

I still write down my lifts, I can forget numbers and I donā€™t want to have messed up by 5lbs or a rep or whatever, I do want to know how Iā€™m doing week to week.

I guess if your selection of exercises is pretty fixed (with variations) then you could remember where you left off. Iā€™m not that ā€œseasonedā€ yet.

Martin posts some pretty good links of various studies, heā€™s one of the most interesting guys I follow on my FB.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
I never use a training log but i also have a photographic memory[/quote]

I have a good memory too, for e.g. are you the guy with the Venom/comic book hero in your previous avi? :slight_smile:

I still write down my lifts, I can forget numbers and I donā€™t want to have messed up by 5lbs or a rep or whatever, I do want to know how Iā€™m doing week to week.

I guess if your selection of exercises is pretty fixed (with variations) then you could remember where you left off. Iā€™m not that ā€œseasonedā€ yet.

Martin posts some pretty good links of various studies, heā€™s one of the most interesting guys I follow on my FB.[/quote]

haha yeah it was black bolt in my avatar before

Why does everyone hate on doing dedicated arm work to get bigger arms? Iā€™ve only been at it about 1.5 years and have passed up the intermediate benchmarks set in the post, and have still managed to put a day in for my arms every week. Are people really attempting to get bigger arms without blasting their biceps or triceps? I know this early in Iā€™m still a beginner, but that just doesnā€™t make sense to me. Flame me all you want, but wouldnā€™t it help you reach your goals faster if EVERY body part recieved dedicated attention?

[quote]23 wrote:
Why does everyone hate on doing dedicated arm work to get bigger arms? Iā€™ve only been at it about 1.5 years and have passed up the intermediate benchmarks set in the post, and have still managed to put a day in for my arms every week. Are people really attempting to get bigger arms without blasting their biceps or triceps? I know this early in Iā€™m still a beginner, but that just doesnā€™t make sense to me. Flame me all you want, but wouldnā€™t it help you reach your goals faster if EVERY body part recieved dedicated attention? [/quote]

ook where did you see people saying that you shouldnt do direct arm work in this thread??