T Nation

Ft Lauderdale Nightlife Tips

All-

Going to Ft Lauderdale in a few weeks. Staying at the Bahia Mar Doubletree.

Bringing my fiancé. We're in our 40's. We like tiki bars, some dancing, rock bars, people watching. We want to get hammered and have some fun.

I'm sure there are plenty of places, but if you have a few favorites please let me know. Thanks!

[quote]ProRaven wrote:
All-

Going to Ft Lauderdale in a few weeks. Staying at the Bahia Mar Doubletree.

Bringing my fiancÃ?©. We’re in our 40’s. We like tiki bars, some dancing, rock bars, people watching. We want to get hammered and have some fun.

I’m sure there are plenty of places, but if you have a few favorites please let me know. Thanks![/quote]

Key Biscayne is nice and Laurenzo’s Italian grocery/restaurant is good eating and has a great wine selection. Love that place!

The nightlife in southbeach from my time there seemed fun, but it’s been a while.

Wrap it up.

Edit I posted that before reading your going with your fiance.

So, PIIHB

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Bahia Cabana is a cool spot just a couple blocks south of your hotel. Its a tiki style bar with live music, good crowds and a hot tub. Further to the north is The Parrot, one block east of A1A just south of Sunrise Blvd. There’s a Primanti Bros pizza joint right by it on the corner of A1A which is open 24 hours. A short cab ride to the north is Lauderdale By the Sea at A1A and Commercial Blvd. There are several cool bars and restaurants in this area. I recommend the Village Pump in Lauderdale By the Sea.

There’s pretty much any type of place you could ask for within a short cab ride of your hotel. If you’re a morning person there’s a great coffee shop right up from your hotel called St. Bart’s Coffee. It’s right on A1A and SE 5th St. You can sit outside and enjoy the morning ocean. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll check back to this thread regularly.

Trapeze- thank you, Push. Not sure the fiancé will be on board but you never know. Bahia Cabana sounds perfect. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Theres a cluster of nice clubs by a big strip club called tootsies. Personally Miami southbeach is more fun…more to do…if looking for a cool adventure google rocket man miami. This guy in ft laud will teach you to ride jet packs…its really fun :slight_smile: