FSL with 5s Pro on This Six Week Program?

For the program below would you recommend a couple sets of FSL 5-8 reps on the days I am doing 5 Pros

Week One

Monday

Squat – 5 Pros

Bench Press -­­ 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3

Assistance Work

Thursday

Deadlift – 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3

Press -­­ 5 Pros

Assistance Work

Week Two

Monday

Squat – 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3

Bench Press – 5 Pros

Assistance Work

Thursday

Deadlift – 5 Pros

Press – 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3

Assistance Work

I say run it as is until you need to adjust your TM down. After that, maybe add in those couple sets and see how it goes.

Do you really need the cycle to move that slowly? Why not just do 5s Pro for everything every week? That way a cycle lasts 3 weeks. The way you have it, two of the lifts are deloaded each week.

What or how much supplemental work you add totally depends on how you want your program to look. If you want more barbell volume then add FSL/3-5x5 after the main work.

I am in my 60s and recovery is becoming an issue. My next step after I try this will be lower body Monday and upper body Thursday.

Then I don’t think what you have is a bad idea. My thought would be to rely on assistance work over supplemental to get your volume in. Can be tailored to be a lot more orthopedically friendly and easy to recover from as opposed to more barbell volume.

Google 531 beginners. He has an updated version on his website that’s actually pretty damn similar to what you posted