Fry Benches 725 @ 181 - Hoff 755 @ 252

Saturday at the APA Buckeye Open in Bowling Green Ohio, jason Fry benched an all time 181 record of 725 , also 20 yr old Dave Hoff took the APA Junior Bench world Record with 755 @ 252 bwt, Tony Bologone Benched 830 @ shw.

20 year old at 755? If he doesn’t get hurt, think what he could do at 30.

[quote]hoosegow wrote:
20 year old at 755? If he doesn’t get hurt, think what he could do at 30.[/quote]

Hoff’s already miles ahead of almost anyone in his weight class. He posted a MASSIVE total a few months back.

What about Sam Byrd’s 1100 squat at 220 over the weekend too!!

Beastly but i still think gear shouldnt be used until your older, other wise when u plateau with that what do u do?!!!

[quote]bignate wrote:
beastly but i still think gear shouldnt be used until your older, other wise when u plateau with that what do u do?!!![/quote]

Eh… what?

Gear isn’t to get over a plateau. It’s an integral part of the sport. Maybe football players shouldn’t wear pads until they’re pro’s so their body can toughen up?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
bignate wrote:
beastly but i still think gear shouldnt be used until your older, other wise when u plateau with that what do u do?!!!

Eh… what?

Gear isn’t to get over a plateau. It’s an integral part of the sport. Maybe football players shouldn’t wear pads until they’re pro’s so their body can toughen up?[/quote]

GREAT point. I’m tired of hearing how gear sucks because of this or that…

[quote]bignate wrote:
beastly but i still think gear shouldnt be used until your older, other wise when u plateau with that what do u do?!!![/quote]

um…put on more gear?? lol

Those are some insane numbers.

I don’t care what anyone says, westside produces strong sob’s.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
hoosegow wrote:
20 year old at 755? If he doesn’t get hurt, think what he could do at 30.

Hoff’s already miles ahead of almost anyone in his weight class. He posted a MASSIVE total a few months back.

What about Sam Byrd’s 1100 squat at 220 over the weekend too!![/quote]

wow 5 times bodyweight insane. Is there a video of it yet? Was he just going for a huge squat-was this a record btw- or how was his other lifts.

Also PLEASE don’t let this turn into another ‘how much you hate gear thread’ thats fine you don’t like it realize your OPINION doesn’t mean shit to those that use it.

Holy shit!? Wow, those are some crazy numbers. If I could bench half of what he could at 20, I would be ecstatic.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
What about Sam Byrd’s 1100 squat at 220 over the weekend too!![/quote]

What about Sam’s 225 bench? Haha, in all seriousness looks like a great meet, I heard the lifting conditions and warm-up room were terrible so props to those guys for putting up such huge numbers.

Should be a great next few weekends with the big BPC meet and USAPL Nationals.

wouldnt it be more effective to weight until u have pushed your limits raw then do gear and burst up in wieght, same with drugs, chians, and bands all new techniques that can make u burst past your original numbers or am i wrong

[quote]bignate wrote:
wouldnt it be more effective to weight until u have pushed your limits raw then do gear and burst up in wieght, same with drugs, chians, and bands all new techniques that can make u burst past your original numbers or am i wrong[/quote]

You’re wrong. Don’t take this the wrong way, but right now you’re pushing for a 315 squat. You’re light years away from these guys and yes, they have spent time training raw, training with gear and are just plain strong.

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
Should be a great next few weekends with the big BPC meet and USAPL Nationals.[/quote]

QFT. I can’t wait to see what kind of freak show Siders puts on.

[quote]bignate wrote:
wouldnt it be more effective to weight until u have pushed your limits raw then do gear and burst up in wieght, same with drugs, chians, and bands all new techniques that can make u burst past your original numbers or am i wrong[/quote]

What is this talk about reaching your limit? I’ve seen people say things like that in other threads before and I just don’t get it. I mean, I realize that even with the most intense training and the best drugs out there, I will never be Becca Swanson, and it’s not likely that you guys will be like Chuck V, Arnold, or whoever.

But…why the hell do you care about what you could (or could not) potentially do in the future now?

If you want to compete in gear, learn to use gear. You don’t just put on a magical bench shirt and instantly become stronger, or “burst up in weight”. You have to know how to use it first.

[quote]bignate wrote:

You’ll never reach your limit. It might take a year, but you can always add an extra .5kg to the bar. It might take longer, but you can still do it. So should people NEVER use gear since this is the case?

The bottom line is Dave Hoff is ungodly strong. He’s squatted over 1,000lb under 20 years old (I think?). If you think he’s not strong enough to use gear yet then you’ve got serious mental issues.

For someone who’s still pushing for a 3 plate squat you seem to be SO sure of how things should work. Which would be great if they were working for you, but as per your other thread, it would seem they’re not. So what do you think makes more sense? Slamming against that brick wall, or trying some “new” stuff?

[quote]bignate wrote:
wouldnt it be more effective to weight until u have pushed your limits raw then do gear … [/quote]

what exactly is that limit?

A limit is an excuse. A cop out. Saying that you’ve reached the limit is saying that you give up.

let me rephrase that: i know gear is still incredibly hard to do that much weight but 20 seems so young but w/e gear is gear im looking forward to raw so maybe in the future ill try it and change my opinion sorry if i offended you all

[quote]bignate wrote:
let me rephrase that: i know gear is still incredibly hard to do that much weight but 20 seems so young but w/e gear is gear im looking forward to raw so maybe in the future ill try it and change my opinion sorry if i offended you all[/quote]

You’re not making any sense. Sorry.