T Nation

Frustration

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. people on this website make everything sound easy lift hard, eat well and sleep well whilst I do all of that I see next to no results whilst other people my age are getting bigger and stronger and from what I understand they hardly do any of the above except for lift hard and take plenty of supplements. The only explanation that I can possibly think of is my high body fat.

… Ok…

what is your current bench/press/squat/deadlift/row/bicep curl/skullcrusher ?

how long have you been lifting; can you give any weight/measurements or something?

I have a feeling you need to start training hard and eating lots of protein and cutting the crap food instead of whining (srs)

don’t make accusations about how I eat food because I eat clean I have not had junk in a long while,
Bench:50 kg
Military Press:40 kg
Squat:70 kg
Deadlift:100 kg
Barbell Row:40 kg

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
don’t make accusations about how I eat food because I eat clean I have not had junk in a long while,
Barbell Row:40 kg[/quote]

there’s your problem. these weights are pretty light, unless you are five feet tall and weigh under 130 lb.

how have these weights increased over the past few months? what does your split look like and how long have you been doing it?

You’re 16, and judging by your body weight, you don’t eat enough. Quit focusing on eating ‘clean’, just don’t eat garbage. Whole milk, eggs, sausage, bacon, burgers, bbq, steaks… all is fair game, just get your calories in.

Eat 2x your body weight in protein every day. Then get the rest of your calories from good fats and carbs. Make sure the scale is moving upward.

It may also be that you haven’t hit that final growth spurt yet. Keep lifting, keep eating, get plenty of sleep, and be patient.

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
I see next to no results whilst other people my age are getting bigger and stronger and from what I understand they hardly do any of the above except for lift hard and take plenty of supplements. The only explanation that I can possibly think of is my high body fat.[/quote]
A few things…

First of all, about those other kids, fuck them. There’s always going to be somebody bigger, stronger, faster, or sexier than you. It bothers you when you’re 16 and it bothers you when you’re 23, 35, 41, and so on until you just stop comparing. The sooner you stop caring about how much “more awesome” another guy is than you, the better you’ll feel in general.

I totally know it’s hard to do right know, but try to focus on just making sure that the August 2012 version of you is kinda better than the February 2012 version of you, repeated every few months. You’ve got a long, long way to go in life and in lifting. So getting a little better, consistently, will pay off in the long run. Trust me. When your 10-year high school reunion rolls around, take a look at those dudes who’re bigger and stronger now. They won’t seem as awesome by comparison.

Secondly, if I do say so myself, I gave you some pretty solid advice in your thread two months ago. In that thread, you were freaking out about being overwhelmed and not knowing what to do. I said, basically, train 3-5 days per week and eat well for 16 weeks straight. It’s only been about 8 weeks since I suggested that, and you’re back freaking out again.

What, exactly, have your workouts looked like for the last two months?

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

[quote]
Barbell Row:40 kg[/quote]
In a thread just last month, you said you were lifting:
“Squat:67 kg
Bench:52 kg
Press:37 kg
Dead lift: 97 kg
Barbell row: 42 kg”

So, based on what you’re telling us, some lifts have gone up a little bit, and some have gone down or stayed nearly the same. That’s… not… good.

Again, it’s important for us to know exactly how you’ve been training to know whether you’re just spinning your wheels.

In the last two months, how has your bodyweight changed? Have you grown in height? Are your clothes fitting any differently?

Lastly, before I forget:

Seriously, come on, bud.

listen to Chris…his advice has helped me out pretty well so far :slight_smile:

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
listen to Chris…his advice has helped me out pretty well so far :)[/quote]

Agreed. Listen to Chris.