Frustrated Lately

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Lol, because a 17 year old hurt himself? That’s a really reasonable decision.

OP, ignore Walkway: he thinks that anyone lifting over 200lbs on anything is out of his or her mind.

[/quote]

lmao, ok now i have to ask… do you have to try to be an idiot? or does it just come naturally? here you are, once again… putting fucking words in my mouth and then talking shit like a little fuckwit.

when the actual fuck did i ever say anything close to, “anyone lifting over 200lbs on anything is out of his or her mind.”

and for what it’s worth… rack pulls are better for building mass on your back AND are way safer.

if i were you, id read more and write less.

dipshit.[/quote]
lol good one… I admit they are amazing for the mid back when done midshin/below the knee (probably even greater at knee level) but they are by no means a safer exercise, and can actually be more dangerous. To be honest, they are probably as equally effective as the deadlift for total back hypertrophy (deadlifts require more out of the lower back/upper traps in my opinion and maybe even as much or more out of the lats)

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Lol, because a 17 year old hurt himself? That’s a really reasonable decision.

OP, ignore Walkway: he thinks that anyone lifting over 200lbs on anything is out of his or her mind.

[/quote]

lmao, ok now i have to ask… do you have to try to be an idiot? or does it just come naturally? here you are, once again… putting fucking words in my mouth and then talking shit like a little fuckwit.

when the actual fuck did i ever say anything close to, “anyone lifting over 200lbs on anything is out of his or her mind.”

and for what it’s worth… rack pulls are better for building mass on your back AND are way safer.

if i were you, id read more and write less.

dipshit.[/quote]
lol good one… I admit they are amazing for the mid back when done midshin/below the knee (probably even greater at knee level) but they are by no means a safer exercise, and can actually be more dangerous. To be honest, they are probably as equally effective as the deadlift for total back hypertrophy (deadlifts require more out of the lower back/upper traps in my opinion and maybe even as much or more out of the lats) [/quote]

rack pulls = deadlifts without the acceleration from the ground via the glutes/hips/quads…therefore, it is more back involement… it’s more like a heavy back extension

and it definitely is safer, as you dont have to bend over so far to pick the bar up. Im sure our friend the OP is not nearly flexible enough in his back to deadlift properly, and as a result, deadlifted with a rounded back causing a slipped disk.

Okay, I think we have our definitions of a rack pull being different than each other. A rack pull or atleast what I have been calling rack pulls are partial deadlifts mimicking that portion of the lift (for an example same position at mid shin, below knee, knee level ect). Are you saying a rack pull with modified form?

And I always assumed when we spoke of the safety of exercises we were discussing healthy individuals with a decent level of mobility, instead of someone with extremely low levels of mobility and large muscle imbalances where most big exercises are hazards.

As for the back, I have always noticed in full deadlifts you will have a tendency not found in rack pulls to fall forward if your lats and lower back are not strong enough, and that the lower back is used the greatest in the bottom half after you break off the floor, and that my lower back is much more fatigued after deadlifting than rack pulls along with my lats in most cases.

I feel we are basically discussing quad dominant back squats variations/posterior chain dominant squat variations vs front squats and that neither of us are willing to admit each have advantages over each other/slightly different non inferior effects.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Okay, I think we have our definitions of a rack pull being different than each other. A rack pull or atleast what I have been calling rack pulls are partial deadlifts mimicking that portion of the lift (for an example same position at mid shin, below knee, knee level ect). Are you saying a rack pull with modified form?

And I always assumed when we spoke of the safety of exercises we were discussing healthy individuals with a decent level of mobility, instead of someone with extremely low levels of mobility and large muscle imbalances where most big exercises are hazards.

As for the back, I have always noticed in full deadlifts you will have a tendency not found in rack pulls to fall forward if your lats and lower back are not strong enough, and that the lower back is used the greatest in the bottom half after you break off the floor, and that my lower back is much more fatigued after deadlifting than rack pulls along with my lats in most cases.

I feel we are basically discussing quad dominant back squats variations/posterior chain dominant squat variations vs front squats and that neither of us are willing to admit each have advantages over each other/slightly different non inferior effects.[/quote]

fair enough, i just have always felt rack pulls are superior for back development because they help remove quad/hamstring/glute involvement in the pull. everyone is constructed differently though so it’s impossible to say what’s better.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Just keep squatting and DL OP, im sure its just your form…[/quote]

Oh I’m sure it was.

A lot of people have said front squats are better for the quads, so I’ll give those a try again. [/quote]

Wait wut…[/quote]

Lol I wasn’t clear. I agree with you.

In addition to squatting and deadlifting, I shall try front squatting, as learning the lift would put less load on the spine for those days when my back hurts. [/quote]

I was being sarcastic…

Clearly Squatting & DLing have not worked out for you and you being 17 years old, and the fact that a major part of BBing is longevity maybe you should stop doing those 2 movements…
[/quote]

I’m ready to do anything that works. If it’s the big three, then so be it. If not, cool.

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

Oh I’m sure it was.

A lot of people have said front squats are better for the quads, so I’ll give those a try again. [/quote]

Wait wut…[/quote]

In addition to squatting and deadlifting, I shall try front squatting, as learning the lift would put less load on the spine for those days when my back hurts. [/quote]

I was being sarcastic…

Clearly Squatting & DLing have not worked out for you and you being 17 years old, and the fact that a major part of BBing is longevity maybe you should stop doing those 2 movements…
[/quote]

I’m ready to do anything that works. If it’s the big three, then so be it. If not, cool.
[/quote]

u should slow ur roll kiddo… ur gunna fuck urself up big time

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

Oh I’m sure it was.

Wait wut…[/quote]

I was being sarcastic…

[/quote]

[/quote]

u should slow ur roll kiddo… ur gunna fuck urself up big time[/quote]

How so? All that I’m saying if I fix myself and the big three happen to work, then yay me. But I’m not in the mood to test myself on it; if doing other things are the best way (lunges, step ups, smith machine) then so be it - whatever gets me better.