Fruityloops Software

I recently got my hands on this software after hearing good things about it. After looking through most things and trying to familiarize myself with it I’m still at a bit of a loss.

Has anyone used this software before and if so do they have any tips for a new person to it?

I’ve composed pieces before but only on Sibelius and Guitar Pro. I understand about music but Fruityloops is confusing.

For example, How do I make more than one channel play when in song mode?

Not sure if this will answer you’re question i’ve used Fl sparingly but “Add one” then “Layer” at the top of the pop-up. This will insert a Layer channel to the Fruity Loops Step Sequencer.

mess around on FL but also try Protools or download Reason! These two progs take things way over what Fl can perform.

I’ve been using FL for quite some time now. Kinda mastered it and I’m using it to produce all my music atm.

Anyways. Use the play list so u can incorporate more than one sound sample at the time. Software is rather simple and u catch on in no time unlike some new stuff like Ableton live o.O.

For some reason this software seems to hate me.

I put a drum beat into the playlist (I think it was done right) then tried to add a pad track as well.

This didn’t work. I deleted the drumline from the step sequencer and added the pad. This sorta made the playlist ignore the first track.

I’d set it to song mode next to the tempo and used the little paintbrush to add both tracks. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have done it wrong but I need to fight this program and win lol.

it’s pretty complicated, you just need to get used to it. the best thing to do is watch the tutorials over and over again, then practice everything. once it clicks it’s really easy

[quote]ssn0 wrote:
Not sure if this will answer you’re question i’ve used Fl sparingly but “Add one” then “Layer” at the top of the pop-up. This will insert a Layer channel to the Fruity Loops Step Sequencer.

mess around on FL but also try Protools or download Reason! These two progs take things way over what Fl can perform.[/quote]

What is that Avatar? I want to see more of it.