Fruits and Veggies for Carbs?

is it okay to switch to only eating fruits and vegetables for the only carb sources in my diet? that is with the exception of pre/post-w nutrition and w.w. bread for sandwhiches.

but has anyone tried this? how was your gains?

note: this is for bulking only, not cutting

it probably wouldnt affect anything infact your workouts might be better from the sugar boost

I’ve done that while cutting. But on a bulk my grocery bill would be more ridiculous than it already is if I bought enough fruit and veggies to make 300g of carbs a day. Also, be prepared to shit a few times a day.

I think the only thing you need to worry about is spiking your insulin after workout. Would dates or some other high GI fruit be enough? I don’t know.

Anyway, if you can get most of your carbs from fruit and veggies, I think you’ll be feeling incredibly healthy.

Hmmm. This is interestingly enough what JB recommends (except PWO of course). I for one think it’s beneficial to have some lower GI slow digesting carbs in your diet (oats, etc.). I don’t quite understand the philosophy of “all or nothing” when it comes to dieting. Why not a complete mixture of all types of food, low/high GI carbs, all different kinds of fats, all different kinds of proteins. There are benefits to everything.

Will all fruit/veggies hurt? hell no. But you may just get bored with it. Which is the downfall of all diets.

Yup its good very good IMO

Phill

[quote]wfifer wrote:
I’ve done that while cutting. But on a bulk my grocery bill would be more ridiculous than it already is if I bought enough fruit and veggies to make 300g of carbs a day. Also, be prepared to shit a few times a day.

I think the only thing you need to worry about is spiking your insulin after workout. Would dates or some other high GI fruit be enough? I don’t know.

Anyway, if you can get most of your carbs from fruit and veggies, I think you’ll be feeling incredibly healthy. [/quote]

thats exactly what im thinking. spiked insulin after workouts is all u need for the anabolic part of the diet - i dont really see anything else anabolic throughout the day other than pre/ post-workout nutrition.

anyway, i used to not eat any veggies for the past six months and now that im incorporating them, im feeling sooooooooooooooo much better. i can honestly say that the best feeling in the world comes from that one shitting session where ALL of it comes out smoothly with no pain. that is thankfully coming much more often now thanks to veggies.

i think most carbs would come from pre/post-w anyway, with fats, fruits, veggies, and protein coming all after that so ya, the grocery bill may not be THAT expensive for me.

Add beans to those fruita and veggies and you’ll have yourself a super healthy diet. They’re cheap and a good source of carbs and a fair source of protein.

World’s Healiest Foods’ food of the week is coincidentally black beans.

They’re time consuming to cook but they keep for a week and a half.

ya check out what this guy said about eating too much fructose:

sounds alot like bull shit to me. blindness? yyyeeaaa

‘‘comin out feelin about, 10 pounds lighter’’

hahaha! glad it’s not just me!

[quote]B.b. in stress! wrote:

Glycolysis (glucose breakdown) is a highly regulated metabolic process in your body, turning off or on depending on the amount of glucose in your system. Why? Because glucose is a poison. It destroys your cells and causes blindness. It’s also essential to your survival. Thus, it is highly regulated. Fructose bypasses 2 important regulatory steps in this metabolic pathway, leading to uncontrolled glycolysis => excessive glucose breakdown => fat gain and other possible harmful effects. Some fruit is okay. A diet consisting of fruit as the predominant carb source is foolish.

[/quote]

This theory has been debunked many times.
There are Tribes that specifically live off of fruits and vegetables, with he exception of fats and proteins like fish, as their main carb source.
They’re not fat nor are they dropping dead of heart disease.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
B.b. in stress! wrote:

Glycolysis (glucose breakdown) is a highly regulated metabolic process in your body, turning off or on depending on the amount of glucose in your system. Why? Because glucose is a poison. It destroys your cells and causes blindness. It’s also essential to your survival. Thus, it is highly regulated. Fructose bypasses 2 important regulatory steps in this metabolic pathway, leading to uncontrolled glycolysis => excessive glucose breakdown => fat gain and other possible harmful effects. Some fruit is okay. A diet consisting of fruit as the predominant carb source is foolish.

This theory has been debunked many times.
There are Tribes that specifically live off of fruits and vegetables, with he exception of fats and proteins like fish, as their main carb source.
They’re not fat nor are they dropping dead of heart disease.[/quote]

exactly. otherwise, Berardi would probably have gotten sued or something

I mean, have you read any articles on the home page, like, at all? Yes, I’m a valley girl, but that is besides the point. And yes, my ass is nice and I bleached my anus, yeaaahhh Malibu! Read Dr. John Berardi’s stuff.