T Nation

Fruit

Guys,

You dont hear alot about the positives and negatives of eating alot of fruit on here.

Whats the story, is eating alot of fruit making me retain weight ?

[quote]jerry993 wrote:
Guys,

You dont hear alot about the positives and negatives of eating alot of fruit on here.

Whats the story, is eating alot of fruit making me retain weight ?[/quote]

What do you mean by retain weight? Are you using weight to mean fat?

[quote]jerry993 wrote:
Guys,

You dont hear alot about the positives and negatives of eating alot of fruit on here.[/quote]

What website are you reading? The benefits of fruit consumption are all over this place. Let me guess- you think this site is all about protein?

“retain weight”?? What exactly does that mean? Are you eating a lot of fruit? Are you gaining weight? Do you want to gain weight and hope eating fruit is the best way to do it?

Nobody’s ever gotten fat from just fruit.

If I ever find someone who got fat from eating fruit, I’ll tell you that yeah, it retains weight.

Yes.
Stay away from all fruit because it does make you fat.
Your carb sources should be soda,refined,white flour/sugar,twinkies,and oatmeal pies.

Fruit = GOOD tons of micronutrients as well as good carbs and fiber…

do a seacrh and read forbidden fruit by Cy Willson think it was.

Eat your fruit.

Phill

The real question is “What are you eating in addition to the fruit?”

If the rest of your diet is crap and you just added a few servings of fruit to it, then don’t expect any miracles.

[quote]Modi wrote:

If the rest of your diet is crap and you just added a few servings of fruit to it, then don’t expect any miracles.[/quote]

True. Strawberry filled Twinkies, Cherry Pie, and Apple Fritters do not count as fruit.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Modi wrote:

If the rest of your diet is crap and you just added a few servings of fruit to it, then don’t expect any miracles.

True. Strawberry filled Twinkies, Cherry Pie, and Apple Fritters do not count as fruit.[/quote]

what about strawberry poptarts?

i really dont think you can eat too much fruit, the more the better, same with veggies.

[quote]ftothe3 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Modi wrote:

True. Strawberry filled Twinkies, Cherry Pie, and Apple Fritters do not count as fruit.

what about strawberry poptarts?[/quote]

Borderline.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
ftothe3 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Modi wrote:

what about strawberry poptarts?

Borderline.[/quote]

Only on a bulk.

ok at the moment my diet is

Oatmeal for BK 7 am
Shake at 11 one scoop sup whey
work out at 12:30
half a chicken at 2
Raw tomatoes 2 eggs boiled at 4
same shake at 6
1 water mellon at 8
same shake at 9

Then I pick on cherries grapes and apples in between, lots of water some coffee.

I am 37 and have been training for nearly 17 years (badly) resulting in being top heavy and bottom light.

Now I am balancing the training properly not all arms and pecs !

And I have only started looking at nutrition.

I am currently about 15 stone and want to look more defined and muscular by taking away the fat and seeing whats left.

This is my first time ever doing this process !.

I also enjoy copious amounts of beer and have cut that to meet this end !! :frowning:

Thanks for the advice

[quote]jerry993 wrote:
ok at the moment my diet is

Oatmeal for BK 7 am
Shake at 11 one scoop sup whey
work out at 12:30
half a chicken at 2
Raw tomatoes 2 eggs boiled at 4
same shake at 6
1 water mellon at 8
same shake at 9

Then I pick on cherries grapes and apples in between, lots of water some coffee.

I am 37 and have been training for nearly 17 years (badly) resulting in being top heavy and bottom light.

Now I am balancing the training properly not all arms and pecs !

And I have only started looking at nutrition.

I am currently about 15 stone and want to look more defined and muscular by taking away the fat and seeing whats left.

This is my first time ever doing this process !.

I also enjoy copious amounts of beer and have cut that to meet this end !! :frowning:

Thanks for the advice[/quote]

I would try to get some lean protein with each meal. Also, many of your meals look unbalanced. You should be having fruits or veggies with your protein and vice versa. You would definately benefit from adding some carbs to your post workout meal.

I like the fact that you are eating every couple of hours, but you caloric intake looks to be quite low. If you starve yourself, your metabolism is going to plummet.

[quote]jerry993 wrote:
Guys,

You dont hear allot about the positives and negatives of eating alot of fruit on here.

Whats the story, is eating allot of fruit making me retain weight ?[/quote]

When did you join ? yesterday?
the positives and negative of eating fruit have been talked about MULTPILE TIMES>

From what I can remember off the top of my head:

Cy wilson Wrote A great Article on FRUIT
John Berardi has written NUMEROUS times the benefits of eating fruits, and the NECESSITY to get vits and minerals from whole foods

THIBS dieting locker room just went over the beneficial effects of fruit even for training.

Charles Poliquin recommends eating up to 5 pieces of fruit aday if your LEAN.

The benefits of RED apples have been discussed by TC many times.

HEARD OF THE SEARCH ENGINE PREVIOUS ISSUES?

"When did you join ? yesterday? "

YES ACTUALLY !

[quote]jerry993 wrote:
"When did you join ? yesterday? "

YES ACTUALLY ![/quote]

Thats what I was going to say. Probabaly did.

Settle down its a question no need to get worked up on the guy. Maybe lend a hand or dont no need to get all high and mighty. Sure poijt to the search function and great articles no need to be a dick about it.

Phill

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Squats + Grapes[/quote]

Equals?

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Squats + Grapes[/quote]

LOL