Fruit Juice: Ye or Ne

Hi, I just recently stumbled across this website and have found it to be an awesome resource of acquired and expert knowledge.
I have recently gotten back into lifting after a short break due to breaking my wrist skiing. I drink tons of water and milk but am also a fruit juice fanatic. Is this beneficial or detrimental to a program where I am mainly putting on size?

As long as you understand they are junk calories and must not displace quality calories, then drink whatever you want. Drink a pint of grape juice with a protein shake after you train.

If you start getting too fat, though, juice is the first thing I’d cut out.

Of course, I would suggest eating the fruit instead but if you’re skinny and just need to grow, no one should be cutting anything out of your diet, only adding.

Fruit juice is k in moderation I believe. I know some serious lifters who have a glass or two to help add some easy cadrbs. Cause face it once you bump over 4000 cals it can be hard to constantly eat especially if your an ecto with a shit appetite. So easy liquid carbs/calories is a no brainer.

Good advice so far.

Fruit generally loses most of its benefits once its processed, so juice isn’t a healthy alternative like some people like to think. Even V8.

It won’t be derimental but I wouldn’t have more then 2 glasses a day, although this is a personal preference. I love a huge glass of juice with breakfast.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Good advice so far.

Fruit generally loses most of its benefits once its processed, so juice isn’t a healthy alternative like some people like to think. Even V8.[/quote]
The best way to avoid that is to get a juicer which doesn’t seperate the pulp from the juice, and make your juice right before drinking. That way there’s very little oxidation, and most of the nutrients from the pulp is still in the juice.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
Good advice so far.

Fruit generally loses most of its benefits once its processed, so juice isn’t a healthy alternative like some people like to think. Even V8.
The best way to avoid that is to get a juicer which doesn’t seperate the pulp from the juice, and make your juice right before drinking. That way there’s very little oxidation, and most of the nutrients from the pulp is still in the juice.

[/quote]

True, but I figured the OP was talking about store brought juice.

[quote]Ramo wrote:
As long as you understand they are junk calories and must not displace quality calories, then drink whatever you want. Drink a pint of grape juice with a protein shake after you train.

If you start getting too fat, though, juice is the first thing I’d cut out.

Of course, I would suggest eating the fruit instead but if you’re skinny and just need to grow, no one should be cutting anything out of your diet, only adding. [/quote]

I like your advice; honest and to the point.

Fruit + Protein + Blender = WINNER!