FRS Healthy Energy

Has anyone else tried this? I’ve used it a few times and I really liked it. Just wondering if anyone else has used it and how they feel about it? Plus it was free so why not.

i liked it too. there was a store near my old home that had it, so i could just pick it up and check it out. low carb and tastes good. never analyzed it as whether it was ergogenic or not. and i like Lance and all that but their distribution tactic is kind of a red flag. other than that one store, i never see it around 'cept in their ads trying to suck you into a monthly allotment.

how did you get yours?

I got mine when i saw the commercial and it said it was free. I figured i’d give it a try. If you do the free trial thing you can cancel it whenever you want and there wont be a charge for the monthly shipment.

I dunno if a lot of strength guys use it, but they have their strangle hold on the endurance market with Lance as their spokesman. My brother likes it, but that’s about all I can say. They have some studies on their website if you’re interested in checking them out. One has to do with improving V02 Max, but the most interesting one (for weight lifters) has to do with quercetin’s (the main “active ingredient”) ability to boost mitochondira biogenesis in muscle.

Quercetin increases brain and muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and exercise tolerance - PubMed and I think this study was not funded by FRS, but I didn’t have the whole article to check the disclosures.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
I dunno if a lot of strength guys use it, but they have their strangle hold on the endurance market with Lance as their spokesman.[/quote]

Ahh – no they don’t. They actually don’t sell much at all relative to competing products.

As for Lance, he’s one of the companies owners, which is why he’s promoting it. It’s also the main factor for the product getting any recognition whatsoever.

I don’t care to look again, but when I tried FRS a year or so ago the positive outcomes in the studies they were referencing could be contributed solely to the product’s caffeine content.

It’s possible that the product has changed, or that more studies have been completed, but I was thoroughly unimpressed.