T Nation

Frosted Lucky Charms,

They’re magically delicious!..and now, Fabulous!
Last sign of the Apocalypse?
lol.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lauren-enk/2013/07/01/isn-t-sweet-lucky-charms-goes-gay

Huh.

Woulda figured Froot Loops.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Huh.

Woulda figured Froot Loops. [/quote]

that seems like it woulda been the logical one…i guess it was too obvious

When I saw the donations list at the bottom, I was under the assumption that it was to donate to the Lucky Charms cause, but then further inspection allowed me to realise it was slopped on there for the website itself. Up until then I thought it was quite funny that a website would have still set up a donation box for a company that they’ve just whined and moaned about, and even awkwardly admirable.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
When I saw the donations list at the bottom, I was under the assumption that it was to donate to the Lucky Charms cause, but then further inspection allowed me to realise it was slopped on there for the website itself. Up until then I thought it was quite funny that a website would have still set up a donation box for a company that they’ve just whined and moaned about, and even awkwardly admirable.[/quote]

kahuna do u seriously change your avi every time you log on t nation? lmao, i swears its someething new everyday

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
When I saw the donations list at the bottom, I was under the assumption that it was to donate to the Lucky Charms cause, but then further inspection allowed me to realise it was slopped on there for the website itself. Up until then I thought it was quite funny that a website would have still set up a donation box for a company that they’ve just whined and moaned about, and even awkwardly admirable.[/quote]

kahuna do u seriously change your avi every time you log on t nation? lmao, i swears its someething new everyday[/quote]

I think every time he watches a new movie, seems to be all on his mind these days are movies, he puts up a new avi showing off that movie.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
When I saw the donations list at the bottom, I was under the assumption that it was to donate to the Lucky Charms cause, but then further inspection allowed me to realise it was slopped on there for the website itself. Up until then I thought it was quite funny that a website would have still set up a donation box for a company that they’ve just whined and moaned about, and even awkwardly admirable.[/quote]

kahuna do u seriously change your avi every time you log on t nation? lmao, i swears its someething new everyday[/quote]

I think every time he watches a new movie, seems to be all on his mind these days are movies, he puts up a new avi showing off that movie.[/quote]
ok now that you say that, i can totally see it lmao. he also loves adding movie clips to threads. So kahuna, i know when you read this your gonna go ahead and add a movie clip to this thread. so heres a request… post one of some of the new marvel movies coming out.

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
When I saw the donations list at the bottom, I was under the assumption that it was to donate to the Lucky Charms cause, but then further inspection allowed me to realise it was slopped on there for the website itself. Up until then I thought it was quite funny that a website would have still set up a donation box for a company that they’ve just whined and moaned about, and even awkwardly admirable.[/quote]

kahuna do u seriously change your avi every time you log on t nation? lmao, i swears its someething new everyday[/quote]

I think every time he watches a new movie, seems to be all on his mind these days are movies, he puts up a new avi showing off that movie.[/quote]
ok now that you say that, i can totally see it lmao. he also loves adding movie clips to threads. So kahuna, i know when you read this your gonna go ahead and add a movie clip to this thread. so heres a request… post one of some of the new marvel movies coming out.[/quote]

Yeah, maddox got most of it right there. Really it’s whenever I watch a really outstanding movie, I put up a new piece of artwork to commemorate it and signal it out for conversation should anyone recognise it and want to talk about it, or even be interested in it.

This new one is from Moonrise Kingdom, I put a review of it in Derek’s new movie thread continuation, if you’re interested you can always go over and read the review.

From the new Marvel ones, I’m really not sure how the Thor sequel will turn out. I thought the first one was alright, but not amongst the best of superhero movies as of late, and neither Kenneth Branagh (Thor) nor Patty Jenkins (Thor: The Dark World first director choice) ever really seemed to me like perfect fits to make these kinds of films. I loved Monster and think Patty Jenkins has a lot of potential in the director’s chair (even though Monster is her only significant credit so far), but I’m not sure if she’d really jive with this one, so I’m glad they replaced her for the Game Of Thrones director, because it seems like it fits the jigsaw much better. The cinematography looks brilliant, but I can’t be so sure how much the rest of it will really turn out, though I learn towards the positive.

The new Captain America coming out next year doesn’t look very promising to me. From comedy TV show directors and a relatively weak story theatrically, I don’t see much in it’s production, I would expect a little, if not a lot, worse than the first Captain America (which I thought was reasonably good, but nothing great).

The surprising Marvel release “Guardians Of The Galaxy” interested me at first, but since details emerged I expect it to flop. James Gunn is a terrible director when it comes down to it (with the exception of Slither, which was really good) and the plot/character design itself seems like a rather tough thing to really mould a good film out of. I would probably miss this if the early reviews affirm my prediction.

I don’t know what to expect of Ant-Man, the new Edgar Wright film under the wing of Marvel. I enjoy Edgar Wright a lot when it comes to dry comedy humour, and if this is a comedy superhero film then it might be a real cult favourite, or it might be batted down by audiences in favour of the more serious action films of the genre fad. If things do turn out that way, I expect critical success but relative commercial failure, but that’s only in assuming it’s a comedy and we know what to expect from Wright.

And finally Avengers 2. So Joss Whedon has said that Hiddleston will not be returning as Loki in the second Avengers, which seems like a strange decision as he’s included quite prominently in Thor: The Dark World by the look of it, but now that the Avengers themselves have already bloomed to the audiences, it will give Whedon a chance to build on their character interactions using the first film as a basis, which I expect to really bring out something new and fresh for the sequel. I expect very good things of Avengers 2, very good indeed.

And here’s your video, it’s an old one but fuck it, The Hulk is cool enough for that to slip past.

very good review points kahuna…ill be sure to pm you whenever i need a professional opinion on a movie before buying it lmao

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
very good review points kahuna…ill be sure to pm you whenever i need a professional opinion on a movie before buying it lmao[/quote]

Sure thing man. I tend not to review blockbusters when they show up because most people already do that for me, but I’ll always slip in a slightly less mainstream film in the “New Trailers & Spoilers…” or “Even More Movies…” threads that I don’t expect a lot of people to have gotten to already. But if you ask me directly about my opinion on one of the more popular theatre films then I’d be happy to give my opinions, assuming I’ll have already seen it by that time.

Of course some of the older ones I’m always happy to give my opinion on too, and it’s somewhat more reliable, because there’s a very high chance I’ll have seen it.

There are some that I’m still working myself to the bone to see, things like Mud and Before Midnight, that I sadly have had no real way to see yet. I may review both of them in Derek’s thread when the time comes.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
very good review points kahuna…ill be sure to pm you whenever i need a professional opinion on a movie before buying it lmao[/quote]

Sure thing man. I tend not to review blockbusters when they show up because most people already do that for me, but I’ll always slip in a slightly less mainstream film in the “New Trailers & Spoilers…” or “Even More Movies…” threads that I don’t expect a lot of people to have gotten to already. But if you ask me directly about my opinion on one of the more popular theatre films then I’d be happy to give my opinions, assuming I’ll have already seen it by that time.

Of course some of the older ones I’m always happy to give my opinion on too, and it’s somewhat more reliable, because there’s a very high chance I’ll have seen it.

There are some that I’m still working myself to the bone to see, things like Mud and Before Midnight, that I sadly have had no real way to see yet. I may review both of them in Derek’s thread when the time comes.[/quote]

While doing some Sandy Relief in NJ last week a person there told me I had to see MUD. I guess I need to find a way for me to see it also.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
very good review points kahuna…ill be sure to pm you whenever i need a professional opinion on a movie before buying it lmao[/quote]

Sure thing man. I tend not to review blockbusters when they show up because most people already do that for me, but I’ll always slip in a slightly less mainstream film in the “New Trailers & Spoilers…” or “Even More Movies…” threads that I don’t expect a lot of people to have gotten to already. But if you ask me directly about my opinion on one of the more popular theatre films then I’d be happy to give my opinions, assuming I’ll have already seen it by that time.

Of course some of the older ones I’m always happy to give my opinion on too, and it’s somewhat more reliable, because there’s a very high chance I’ll have seen it.

There are some that I’m still working myself to the bone to see, things like Mud and Before Midnight, that I sadly have had no real way to see yet. I may review both of them in Derek’s thread when the time comes.[/quote]

While doing some Sandy Relief in NJ last week a person there told me I had to see MUD. I guess I need to find a way for me to see it also.[/quote]

I’ve heard very good things from a lot of people whose opinion on cinema I respect greatly, but because of the limited release I have no way to see it over here without waiting for the DVD or some such thing. But I do really enjoy Jeff Nichols’ films and I hear Mud is inarguably his best, his first two with Michael Shannon in the lead of both were excellent, so any improvement on those is definitely a must-see, especially with an improvement as praised as Mud.