T Nation

Frontload - Did I Do it Right?

Hey guys I am running 400mgs of test E a week. I did a frontload For my first shot. I did 550mg (on monday). My plan is for my next shot to be 200mg, is this correct or should I up the dose on the second shot?

Front load means taking a higher doses at the beginning of a cycle. I don’t think it necessitates lowering the following dose.

Either way you don’t front load test enanthate, it takes weeks to kick in regardless, you front-load with something faster acting, and some don’t recommend it at all in favor of upping doses toward the end of cycle to combat myostatin expression.

usually its the 1st weeks dose plus the 1st days dose.

so if 400/w is your cycle and you are pinning twice a week then you should have pinned 600mg on first day.

When i frontloaded, I did 1500mg Test E Wk 1 (750mg tue/750mg fri) , then continued with 750mg/week dose for a few months. Worked a treat.

Michael Mooney’s site references a study that shows the half-life of test ent is 5 days, not 10. food for thought…

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
usually its the 1st weeks dose plus the 1st days dose.

so if 400/w is your cycle and you are pinning twice a week then you should have pinned 600mg on first day.[/quote]

^This.

You frontload the amount that is on average taken in one half-life of the drug, plus the injection amount that will ordinarily be used.

If you’re taking 600 mg of test e a week in one injection, then your first shot should be (600 x 5/7) = 429 plus 600, or 1 gram. The following week, you inject 600mg.

The purpose is to quickly get levels to the same value that they would otherwise stabilize at.

(explanation courtesy of B. Roberts)

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:
You frontload the amount that is on average taken in one half-life of the drug, plus the injection amount that will ordinarily be used.

If you’re taking 600 mg of test e a week in one injection, then your first shot should be (600 x 5/7) = 429 plus 600, or 1 gram. The following week, you inject 600mg.

The purpose is to quickly get levels to the same value that they would otherwise stabilize at.

(explanation courtesy of B. Roberts)[/quote]

shouldnt it be 429 plus the 1st pin amount?

maybe its better not t froload but to up the dose mid-end cycle when u need more aas t make gains coz of myostatin…

[quote]amateur666 wrote:
maybe its better not t froload but to up the dose mid-end cycle when u need more aas t make gains coz of myostatin…[/quote]

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

If I’m following you, you’re saying that during a typical cycle (which is what we’re talking about here), myostatin increases so fast, or to so high a level that gains from AAS are no longer possible. Actually, those aren’t your words, but you brought up myostatin so I filled in the blanks.

Any references to support this?

yes 8 weeks myostatin peaks

http://www.afboard.com/library/Measurement%20of%20myostatin%20concentrations%20in%20human%20serum%20Circulating%20concentrations%20in%20young%20and%20older%20men%20and%20effects%20of%20testosterone%20administration.pdf