Front to Back Squat Ratio

What is yours? What is a “good” ratio that doesn’t indicate an imbalance? 0.6-0.8?

Just calculated mine to be .71 of my back squat.

I have never prioritized front squats over the back I am curious what more dedicated front squatters have to say on this.

I’ve heard/read that the best ratio is 0.7-0.75. Most people are in that range (everything in balance)

[quote]Mr.Y wrote:
I’ve heard/read that the best ratio is 0.7-0.75. Most people are in that range (everything in balance)[/quote]

The only figure I ever encountered was 0.8 (on stumptuous.com). Front squats are much more natural for me than back squats so I think my ratio will be high. Can’t say now, because I haven’t done back squat in a long time.

Mine is surprisingly high. My best rock bottom front squat is 87.7% of my best wide-stance back squat. Of course, I like front squats better than back squats, so most people’s probably wouldn’t be that close.

Front to Back about 1:3

KCB

I believe Poliquin goes by 0.85:1 of FSQ to BSQ. He (at one time) would factor 75% of one’s bodyweight when calcing a 1RM. I don’t know if he’s still doing it. He probably just got this from regression testing.

If you BSQ 400# and weigh 200# then your FSQ should be:

(400 + 200 x 0.75) x 0.85 - 200 x 0.75 = 317.5# or 320 if you’re tired of being such a pussy.