Front Squats to Increase Power Clean?

I’ve done some research and it seems the best exercise to increase your power clean would be the front squat. Wouldn’t the deadlift help as well?

[quote]Justliftbrah wrote:
I’ve done some research and it seems the best exercise to increase your power clean would be the front squat. Wouldn’t the deadlift help as well? [/quote]

The limiting factor in the power variations is not squatting strength, but technique and pulling strength. I don’t see the front squat being the best exercise for increasing your power clean (and it would probably be only the second best assistance lift for a full clean). Doing clean style deadlifts and clean pulls would probably be better.

I think a lot of people who are new to the power clean need to figure out the high pull first.

You got to know the sweet spot is, that split second where the bar is floating. Very easy to figure out when doing high pulls since you’re not so focused on making/forcing the catch.

This may not be you though.

How good is your technique?

If your technique is good then yes having a bigger front squat will improve your PC.

If your technique blows then the transfer is variable.

Koing