Front Squats - Straps

I’m about to place an order at elitefts, and I was wondering if it’s worth buying wrist straps for the purpose of front squats. Front Squats are painful on my wrists, but I’d have no other use for the straps. Worth it?

Also, has anyone tried the method with straps on the bar so that your wrists can stay higher? Does the bar slide around on your shoulders at all, or does it work well?

Thanks for the help

Get some bands and use then instead. Plus that way you’ll have another 100 uses for the bands in your training.

Don’t hang onto the bar. Utilize your fingertips.

• 'Nuff Said.

[quote]'Nuff Said. wrote:
Don’t hang onto the bar. Utilize your fingertips.

• 'Nuff Said.[/quote]

I already am

BTW, I like the name

If you’re going to buy straps for the sole purpose of holding the bar during front squats, just get a cheap pair. You don’t need an expensive, high quality set for that.

Thanks for the help guys, I’ve decided not to get them. If I really need them I’m sure I can find something around my house that’ll work the same.

So I was going to get:

MM
I/O
foam Roller

but I’m thinking, since I already know all the exercises in MM, maybe I’d be better off getting Kelly Bagget’s new speed manual instead (you can find it at his site).

Which one do you think would be a better choice?

[quote]vision1 wrote:
I’m about to place an order at elitefts, and I was wondering if it’s worth buying wrist straps for the purpose of front squats. Front Squats are painful on my wrists, but I’d have no other use for the straps. Worth it?

Also, has anyone tried the method with straps on the bar so that your wrists can stay higher? Does the bar slide around on your shoulders at all, or does it work well?

Thanks for the help[/quote]

do the crossed arm version. with practice, i’ve worked up to 495 for reps with no discomfort(except for the discomfort that comes with front squatting 495).

meat