Front Squats Look Awkward

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:
But if they make me do less weight then they aren’t as intensive?
Get what I’m trying to say?
But back squats are messing up my back, I’m going to have to make the transition. [/quote]

Yeah your weight won’t be as high as you’d like, but you gotta start somewhere. Stop wasting time and get on it!

For the record, the 3 exercises, of all of the exercises I’ve ever done, that have produced visible results in my physique, in terms of strength and growth, in this order, are:

1. deadlift (traditional)
  2. front squat
  3. bradford press

no joke. after all the recent literature i’ve seen, i’m probably never going back to back squats again. VIVA LA FRONTSQUAT!

[quote]SpankMeElmo wrote:
ive been wanting to try these out too. where does the bar sit if you do the clean grip? does it just chill on your fingers?

i tried the cross arms and the bar kept rolling down my delts and just digging into my bis.[/quote]

try them strapped

IF you can do the clean grip comfortably by all means, yet I don’t use it my stupid ass will probably fuck up my wrists so I just do them arms crossed.

or if you got cash to spare get a harness

giving them a go in the smith machine=fun to

learned them though I think they are underrated

my 2 cents

[quote]acelement wrote:
For the record, the 3 exercises, of all of the exercises I’ve ever done, that have produced visible results in my physique, in terms of strength and growth, in this order, are:

1. deadlift (traditional)
  2. front squat
  3. bradford press

no joke. after all the recent literature i’ve seen, i’m probably never going back to back squats again. VIVA LA FRONTSQUAT![/quote]

Have you noticed any improvements in speed and vertical jump (that is if you care about those? haha)?

If you’re doing the crossed-arms method you just have to find that notch on your delts to place the bar in. It’s not too hard and though at first the pressure is uncomfortable, but after a few times you get used to it and then you can go balls to the wall.