Front Squats Hurt My Throat/Shoulders

he also has juice filled shoulders to have the bar rest on

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
i would say that’s the most important advice for both back and front squats…keep your head up ! don’t look forward, look up as much as you can without straining your eyes or neck[/quote]

I’m sorry, but this is just plain wrong. Looking at the ceiling doesn’t do shit to maintain a neutral spine. Looking straight ahead or slightly upwards works best. It is actually more stress on your cervical spine to hold your head in a cranked up position while trying to move a load correctly…

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
yeah, I’ve definitely been using a cross grip. Going to switch to snatch grip. How much weight do you guys use, compared to your back squat? I.E. 100% (same weight), 50%, etc.?

Also watched this video, got some tips:

[/quote]

Trained individuals should be able to max on Front Squats with 80% of their max Back Squat…

The front squat is a great movement. I too had pain in the shoulder area. I’m a little surprised nobody mentioned this, but you could use the Stingray. It is a plastic piece that is attached to the bar which allows you to rest the bar on the front part of the shoulders with virtually no pain. Look for it on line. Below is a link. It’s a great piece of equipment. You don’t have to worry about pain or wrist flexibility.

www.bodybuilding.com/store/adfit/sting.html

also, just thought of this as my posture is improving, it is less on my throat then before because i dont have such a hunchback/forward head/neck possition, perhaps this your neck is the problem and is too far forward and the bar is fine and doing all its supposed to