Front Squat Wrists on Right Side Hurting

Hey guys my front squat is improving a lot my shoulders and elbows no longer hurt when I do them and I get my elbows very high occasionally. But my wrist still hurt a lot when doing them especially on the right side.

Does anyone know some good stretches I can do? The close I griper the more stable the position seems to be and I can get my elbows higher. Only then I have to pull the bar higher too.

What I did was just suck it up. After several weeks my wrists no longer hurt.

Have you tried loosening your grip? You don’t even have to grip the bar for FS, just let it rest on your fingertips. Eventually it shouldn’t hurt it all though.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Have you tried loosening your grip? You don’t even have to grip the bar for FS, just let it rest on your fingertips. Eventually it shouldn’t hurt it all though.[/quote]

Exactly. Front squat like this, look at his hands. Or you could use straps as well.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have not trained in a little while due to a little knee tendonitis, probably doing clean pulls too frequently (against advice lol). I have been having some home ART shoulder/chest massage
(I copied it from Eric Cressey. It seems to work well.

I worked out today with front squats . The rack position was much better again today. I managed 60 x 7 before it slipped out of my hand to my shoulder

80 x5 fairly easy
100 x1 fairly comfortable but I came forward a litte at the top due to poor concentration. I couldn’t do 2…

I have managed to do get a stable enough rack position to do a proper press from with 60kg. My flexibility is improving rapidly but my strength is down a lot. I can just about rack an empty bar now.

I am hoping to get my FS on par with my 180kg Zercher, I could prob do a bit more now.

try taking your pinkie out from under the bar, thatll take some tension out from your wrist.

I broke my right wrist about 2.5 years ago, and it took some getting used to the uncomfortable position my wrist is in. If I keep only my pointer, middle, and ring finger under the bar and (as the poster above me said) leave the pinky hanging out it doesnt hurt to bad.