Front Squat Wrist Pain

Hey,

So, I’m trying to work front squats into my routine, but I can’t do more than a few because my left wrist starts to kill me. It’s extremely painful, and doesn’t really feel healthy. It feels like it is getting bent backwards way too far.

Is there a way I can help diminish this pain and be able to front squat properly? I’m a taller guy so I’d like to be able to get this movement down. Thanks.

Cross your arms to hold the bar instead.

Don’t grip the bar. You only need 2 fingers resting on the bar. The tighter you grip the bar, the tighter you wrist flexors become and the harder it is to bend the wrist. The higher the elbows are raised, the less the wrist is required to bend. If you drop the elbows, the wrist will have to bend past 90 degrees. Also, build some deltoids to rest the bar on.

TNT

Crossover grip x2

[quote]rock27 wrote:
Crossover grip x2[/quote]

x3. the only time i use an oly grip is when doing front squats as part of a clean and jerk.

Instead of cross-over grip, just hold your arms out straight in front. If you hear a big “thud” your form was bad and you dropped the weight. This really teaches you to stay upright on a front squat. Plus it impresses the girls…unless you are a girl, then it impresses the guys.

TNT

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
Instead of cross-over grip, just hold your arms out straight in front. If you hear a big “thud” your form was bad and you dropped the weight. This really teaches you to stay upright on a front squat. Plus it impresses the girls…unless you are a girl, then it impresses the guys.

TNT[/quote]

ehh … wrong … if it’s a girl and she does that shit, it’d intimidate the majority of gym-rats and there’d be talk in the locker room about that sh-im doing the front squats and the subsequent size of the bulge in or around her crotch-le region

seriously tho … arm-cross x4

You can also try securing the lifting straps to the bar and then wrapping your hands in the straps.