Front Squat to Back Squat Ratio

[quote]Koing wrote:
GT man, thats a fatty front squat! Whats wrong with your back squat? I’d figure with a 190 front you’d at least get a 210-215 back squat at the very minimum!

Koing[/quote]

Nothing, thats just the most Ive ever tried before I started FS exclusively.

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
GT man, thats a fatty front squat! Whats wrong with your back squat? I’d figure with a 190 front you’d at least get a 210-215 back squat at the very minimum!

Koing[/quote]

Nothing, thats just the most Ive ever tried before I started FS exclusively.[/quote]

That’ll do it mate! I didn’t know you were front squating exclusively. How long have you been doing this and how do you feel? I noticed in your training you front squat first and at the end of your session!

Where are you training? Would it be possible if i came to train with you in April? I have a situation where I take 3 days off work I can get 11 days due to public holidays…

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
That’ll do it mate! I didn’t know you were front squating exclusively. How long have you been doing this and how do you feel? I noticed in your training you front squat first and at the end of your session![/quote]

About a little more than a month. I felt shitty then started feeling better. Front squat went way up as I got better at it. Upper/Mid back was torched early on but adapted, as were my legs. My snatch and CJ were harder than normal but they also got better as Im more attuned to using my legs. Racking the clean is way easier now as well. As long as I stretch and dont do a lot of standing, my knees are fine, otherwise they ache due to tightness from the quad.

that’s weird, my right knee has been hurting quite a bit the past few weeks from tightness and in fact I try to stay standing up more than sitting down cause if I keep the leg bent for a long time the pain gets really annoying. Its kind of like a mosquitoe bite you really want to scratch all the time

you guys are killer! Olympic lifters seem to have a much closer ratio then regular liftin folk.
my max front is 67% of max back squat. :{

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
What about the lazy people who think in pounds?[/quote]

Well I suppose you can do what you want. For me (and I’m sure a bunch of the other fellas here), I compete in kg, ergo I lift/train/think in kg.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Well I suppose you can do what you want. For me (and I’m sure a bunch of the other fellas here), I compete in kg, ergo I lift/train/think in kg.[/quote]

Just a joke.

But the more important question is, do you eat in kg?

I eat in my house

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Well I suppose you can do what you want. For me (and I’m sure a bunch of the other fellas here), I compete in kg, ergo I lift/train/think in kg.[/quote]

Just a joke.

But the more important question is, do you eat in kg?[/quote]

For eating I generally use plates, bowls, handfuls, mouthfuls, and various other generic and variable measures. I’m far too lazy to apply real, meaningful numbers to the quantity of food I consume.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:

I eat in my house[/quote]

Why would you limit eating to one location?

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Just a joke.

But the more important question is, do you eat in kg?[/quote]

For eating I generally use plates, bowls, handfuls, mouthfuls, and various other generic and variable measures. I’m far too lazy to apply real, meaningful numbers to the quantity of food I consume.[/quote]

Dang, I was hoping yall could tell me where to go to get some “quarter kilogramers” instead of the regular “quarter pounders”.

Alright, I think I have successfully derailed this thread enough. I will cease and desist.

[quote]brute_fury wrote:
you guys are killer! Olympic lifters seem to have a much closer ratio then regular liftin folk.
my max front is 67% of max back squat. :{

[/quote]

So would you if you spend 3/4 of your time C&J, front squating and Snatching!

Koing

yes! i suppose that could be a factor! :)!

what percentage is your overhead squat, brute?

Before my surgery
FS: 145kg (roughly)
BS: 180kg

Now
FS: 124kg
BS: 142kg

I still got ways to go before I get to where I want to be
FS: 190 kg
BS: 230 kg

I don’t usually post in here but this looked fun.

Best back squat is 210
best front squat 152.5
bodyweight 99

bodyweight 165
110 front squat ass2grass
130 back squat ass2grass
85%

my legs are on the long side, but not very long

Interesting article here on lifting ratios, based on a variety of basic lifts. Really enjoyed it.

D

[quote]mcdunc wrote:
Interesting article here on lifting ratios, based on a variety of basic lifts. Really enjoyed it.

D[/quote]

I remember reading that article when it came out, and it is interesting stuff, although not terribly applicable to o-lifters I feel. I don’t think the article was referring to the full high bar back squat most o-lifters use, which would skew the numbers somewhat. Also, the constant training of the same movement patterns and resulting efficiency in said movement patterns would skew the numbers as well.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]mcdunc wrote:

D[/quote]

I remember reading that article when it came out, and it is interesting stuff, although not terribly applicable to o-lifters I feel. I don’t think the article was referring to the full high bar back squat most o-lifters use, which would skew the numbers somewhat. Also, the constant training of the same movement patterns and resulting efficiency in said movement patterns would skew the numbers as well.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re probably right. The author does say,

"â?¢ This is in no way scientific. It’s observational.

â?¢ Everyone is different (age, experience, sex, injury history, training style, build, etc.). Therefore, this won’t be exact, and that’s okay."

I just found the article was really good as a guideline to understanding muscle/strength balance. I am not a strong squatter, but deadlift much better. I don’t back squat at all since I had a back injury. I use the front squat, and my legs are very long in relation to my body. I know that the point of the thread is to compare the two squats, and it seems like the numbers in the article are farther apart than the numbers being reported here.