Front Squat Hand Positioning

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Ok, I’ll be the pansy in this thread. WTF is the difference between 405 for 6 or 405 for whatever in the FS? -repping 405 in the FS is crazy strong period.

I think the determinant for who should “stay” is whoever is the most helpful, knowledgeable, and mature poster. I know who I’m voting for.[/quote]

I agree. MM doesnt have to attack other posters just to sound “hardcore”. The name calling such as “pansy ass” and “puss” is something I expect from a teenager, not someone who has apparently built a good physique himself. I was turned off by him big time.

Okay honestly I debated even posting this… I want to first formally apologize to Meat. I looked back over the thread and clearly I said some things that I regret. This escalated quickly… I do have the video and I am going to post it.

I did out rep you but honestly here’s the deal. I took the time and went back through a lot of your posts. I believe you have a lot to offer and clearly more time on your hands to post than I do. I rarely even use the site anymore and I am saying this with sincerity…

I really doubted you would even get six. You threw out the challenge after I made a comment that was unnecessary. I still strongly disagree with no hands front squats with any decent amount of weight. I personally have injured myself doing them. I took the initial videos as an insult.

I will have you know that I am currently in diet mode and have been for several weeks which might explain my douchebag comments. Please accept the apology… I even considered intentionally losing the challenge or just tying it up. My ego wouldnt let me. Sorry.

I respect you and what you have done with the sport. I have powerlifting buddies and we get along great. Just train differently. Your fan base wants you to stay… Don’t let this be your reason to go. Cheers

[video]2454[/video]

Not that it matters, but the apology gained more of my respect than the lift. That showed some class, Swolle. Helluva nice job on the lift, though, as well.

It takes a man to admit when he’s wrong. As others, and Swolle himself has noted, his comments were out of character.

You are both strong mofos. Amazing lifts. I hope you stick around Scott. You have helped a lot of people around here.

First off… awesome job Swolle. your form on those was awesome.

Lastly, this will be my last post on T-Nation.

To be honest, I’ve grown tired of the nonsense that goes on around here. My biggest reason for posting is to help others and to inspire folks that have had to work as hard as i have to get where i am. nothing has come easy to me and as i feel i’ve come far i’m still just medocre at best but I do have the drive of a champion.

It has become increasingly hard to just simply help people without things like this happening. I would be lying if i didn’t say that i was secretely hoping you would beat me. It give me an out. Maybe now guys like Swolle can step up and realize that we all have a responsibility to conduct ourselves in a way that people can look up to.

When it comes down to it all we have is our word and i said i would go so i have no choice. I’ve made a lot of friends on this site. i was overwhelmed with how many people reached out to me as this rediculious thread evolved. I will always be “here” to help in anyway that i can. I’ve always been a better coach than athlete anyway. I’ll still check PM’s for awhile with those that want to contact me.

anyway… i’ve never been really good with words. it was a good run my friends.

This site just took a serious hit.

Heres the deal… Your bet was with me and since I conceded before I post the video it really doesn’t matter… I think I was better informed coming into this… Ive seen most of your videos and knew when you threw it down that I train for reps. I was better informed than you coming into this based on my research.

Stay or go its all the same to me since I rarely post here anymore anyway. Most of the people I came to know over the years have long since been banned… I think I will follow your lead and bow out.

Meat sent you a PM.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
First off… awesome job Swolle. your form on those was awesome.

Lastly, this will be my last post on T-Nation.

To be honest, I’ve grown tired of the nonsense that goes on around here. My biggest reason for posting is to help others and to inspire folks that have had to work as hard as i have to get where i am. nothing has come easy to me and as i feel i’ve come far i’m still just medocre at best but I do have the drive of a champion. It has become increasingly hard to just simply help people without things like this happening. I would be lying if i didn’t say that i was secretely hoping you would beat me. It give me an out. Maybe now guys like Swolle can step up and realize that we all have a responsibility to conduct ourselves in a way that people can look up to.

When it comes down to it all we have is our word and i said i would go so i have no choice. I’ve made a lot of friends on this site. i was overwhelmed with how many people reached out to me as this rediculious thread evolved. I will always be “here” to help in anyway that i can. I’ve always been a better coach than athlete anyway. I’ll still check PM’s for awhile with those that want to contact me.

anyway… i’ve never been really good with words. it was a good run my friends. [/quote]

I had a feeling the bet had an underlying reason.

If you leave, I’ll really miss you. You’re not only incredibly strong but also extremely helpful, with the patience of an angel. I think you’ve helped more people than anyone during your years here and I don’t think anyone can ever really replace you.

I want you to stay and I think over 99% of the people on this board agree. Don’t leave because of a stupid bet made in a discussion that got out of hand. Then again I realize this is maybe just the last shitstorm in a long line that made you feel like not posting anymore.

Very nice set Swolle. And a really classy apology.

Swolle - Applauding you for both the video and quite obviously, the response that ensued as well.

What a roller coaster of emotion.

Anger - Excitement - Nervousness - Awe - Sadness

Losing both the posters is like, the worst-case scenario, haha.

Good to luck to all, regardless.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Swolle - Applauding you for both the video and quite obviously, the response that ensued as well.

What a roller coaster of emotion.

Anger - Excitement - Nervousness - Awe - Sadness

Losing both the posters is like, the worst-case scenario, haha.

Good to luck to all, regardless.[/quote]

Yeah, from an entertainment standpoint this thread absolutely delivered. Props to both meat and swolle for following through. I think anyone that has followed meat here knew he would leave if beaten, regardless of any apology. Guy is a man of his word and has the respect of so many here for a reason. Sad to see you go.

Swolle awesome set, looked like you had more in you too. I fully expect to see a thread on your next bb comp and hopefully some more training vids.

Very classy, both of you. Swolle, I take back my insulting comments earlier.

You’ll both be missed a whole lot.

Good luck.

YES

A dark day in TN history

YES

This is bullshit.

while it sucks that Meat and Swolle are done with T-Nation, T-Nation needed a thread like this. It’s been awhile.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
YES

A dark day in TN history

YES[/quote]

Talk about worst case senerio…not 1 but both? Didn’t see that coming…

Well this didn’t turn out very well, how about some more cool front squat videos.

Ridiculous pause lol

This thread :