Front Squat Hand Positioning

x2 on being shocked at Swolle’s posts. I remember following his contest prep thread where he had the unfortunate injury and he seemed like a put together, genuinely helpful guy. I never would’ve expected this type of shit from the guy given his post history in that thread and some previous discussions in T-Cell that I remember his name from.

No joke the first thing I thought when I saw his shit was that his account got hijacked, or he just said fuck it and wanted to troll the fuck out of everyone as perhaps a last hurrah on the site(or just for funsies).

[quote]red04 wrote:

No joke the first thing I thought when I saw his shit was that his account got hijacked, or he just said fuck it and wanted to troll the fuck out of everyone as perhaps a last hurrah on the site(or just for funsies).[/quote]
yeah same thoughts.

[quote]tork94 wrote:
have you tried using straps to hold it? CT usually gets people to try that before cross arm.

This…

Swolle seems real confident right now, kinda suspicious to me lol… How do we know he is even using “real” 45 pound plates? Couldn’t he easily do what Andy Hammond did on his 600 pound bench video.

LOL yeah fake plates. Ok Im confident because unlike most of you I’ve done my research on my opponent prior to making my statement… Ive seen lots of different videos just by searching through old posts… He can double what I can do for 5 sets of 5… he calls them paused. I don’t care what he calls it. Im fairly certain I can best his rep set. If I cannot I will do as hes asked and get off the nation… Zero complaints… This is my lift… It is the one thing I am very very good at. And for whomever quoted my 365 plus or whatever. That post was in reference to the post above and I posted 375+ which was meant to say over 275 because the poster said he could do 275 with no problems… I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FOR EVERYONE OF YOU Fucks not listning. Squatting for reps with no hands is not a good practice. Its a great way to dump the weight in a very uncontrolled fashion… and anyone who is lifting for reps to failure doesn’t want to find out what it feels like to accidentally catch anything over 300lbs in an elbow crease because you werent thinking and your gut reaction was to try to stop the falling load… IVE DONE IT… but lets keep teaching people who don’t even have the movement down that its a good idea to throw 365 on and single it no handed… GOOD TEACHABLE MOMENT… Face it you were trying to be a dick I called you out now your going to say goodbye to the forum just for trying to showoff to someone who you know zero about…

Can’t wait for the vids!

I fully expect to see sets over 20 reps… Or at least 1 set over 20 lol

srsly, what the hell is going on.

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^i saw that… I guess this whole thing was my fault then lol.

I remember seeing Swolle post before and he didn’t come across like he does in this thread. I have a hard time believing that this is legit. Maybe he’s trolling (really seems like it cause who would be that big of an a-hole for no real reason?) or someone got his log on and is trolling with that account?

I’m not sure but it really all seems strange.[/quote]

I think he was responding to the youtube video I posted on front squats thats why he commented on the guys squat depth. So you can put the blame on me lol.

Besides all the name calling, this is a good bit of competition. Nowadays people get killed over all this social network beef at T-Nation we just have lifting challenges.

The world would be a better place if we all settled our differences through out lifting one another.

semi srs

I hit a new PR last week with a triple at 300 on front squats…

come at me bros!

Do you have a safety bar at your gym? I actually use one of those backwards for front squats. It’s amazing. Nice and cozy throughout the set in any rep range.

[quote]Swolle wrote:
LOL yeah fake plates. Ok Im confident because unlike most of you I’ve done my research on my opponent prior to making my statement… Ive seen lots of different videos just by searching through old posts… He can double what I can do for 5 sets of 5… he calls them paused. I don’t care what he calls it. Im fairly certain I can best his rep set. If I cannot I will do as hes asked and get off the nation… Zero complaints… This is my lift… It is the one thing I am very very good at. And for whomever quoted my 365 plus or whatever. That post was in reference to the post above and I posted 375+ which was meant to say over 275 because the poster said he could do 275 with no problems… I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FOR EVERYONE OF YOU Fucks not listning. Squatting for reps with no hands is not a good practice. Its a great way to dump the weight in a very uncontrolled fashion… and anyone who is lifting for reps to failure doesn’t want to find out what it feels like to accidentally catch anything over 300lbs in an elbow crease because you werent thinking and your gut reaction was to try to stop the falling load… IVE DONE IT… but lets keep teaching people who don’t even have the movement down that its a good idea to throw 365 on and single it no handed… GOOD TEACHABLE MOMENT… Face it you were trying to be a dick I called you out now your going to say goodbye to the forum just for trying to showoff to someone who you know zero about… [/quote]

Post your video today or you are just a shit talker. Meat called you out and you have stalled for days now trying to turn it back on him. You were called out, post your max reps for 405.

LET’S GO TEAM SWOLLE ALL DAY BABY

These (SquatKnots) work really well and are specifically made for this problem. Squat Knot- Front Squat Demonstration - YouTube

I wonder what Swolle thinks about zerchers…

I challenge any one of you to a light tricep kickback contest. 3kg pink dumbbells, max reps, BALLS OUT, NO EXCUSES.

Winner stays, loser is banished. Let’s see the videos.

This is so crazy.

Some friendly competition → Good thing! The massive shit-talking → Not a good thing!

I don’t understand what’s going on here. Swolle has always been a pretty decent poster in the past; it’s crazy how one thread can make me utterly lose respect for him, no matter how strong he is.

I heard a quote once, “Any bro can talk shit with his chest puffed out, the REAL Alpha Male is the one who says nothing at all and carries on.”

MM is a terrific poster and highly respected on this site… when talks, I listen. I would’ve said the same thing about Swolle as well before.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t rooting for MM but, based on Swolle’s comments, I’m expecting 405 for about 70 reps with the amount big boy words he’s throwing around.

Still waiting for vids here

crickets

Don’t push them into going for it until they’re rested. I want to see a world record no hands front squat set with 405. Some time this week.

Wow. I missed this thread. I’d like to give some insightful opinion on the subject, but I suck hard core at front squats. I would also like to post some clever insult about how some town lost its’ idiot or something, but I have something much better to say.

As someone who has struggled with front squats (just broke 300 for the first time last week, yay me!) and has been working hard to improve, after reading this thread and weighing the things discussed based both on logic and source, I will unabashedly be trying some hand-less front squats next squat session.

That fact says far more than any clever insult ever will.