Front Squat Form

Hi all,

I’m new to posting here but I’ve read (and learned a lot), but I have a question on my front squat form. I started doing them about 2 months ago and I absolutely love them; however my left shoulder gives out long before my legs ever do.

I have since tried switching from Indian style to OL style and am having no luck. My elbows are not staying up so the bar is rolling too much. I read that you need wrist flexibility (and maybe forearm??) from some of the posts here. So my question is: what can I do to get this flexibility?

I’d love to be able to go up in weight in front squats and add them to my other lifts.

One more question, somewhere on here I found a fantastic post about OL in general and someone posted a site that had a coach (and a teen?) going through the correct form of all the lifts. I have been looking for that site anyone have a link?

Thanks for any information.

Josh

The flexibility just keep working at it stretch those wrists every day get a hold of a bar every day

as for the coach etc Prob Dan John,. check his writings here and his site danjohn.org

Phill

[quote]jjones88 wrote:
Hi all,

I’m new to posting here but I’ve read (and learned a lot), but I have a question on my front squat form. I started doing them about 2 months ago and I absolutely love them; however my left shoulder gives out long before my legs ever do.

I have since tried switching from Indian style to OL style and am having no luck. My elbows are not staying up so the bar is rolling too much. I read that you need wrist flexibility (and maybe forearm??) from some of the posts here. So my question is: what can I do to get this flexibility?

I’d love to be able to go up in weight in front squats and add them to my other lifts.

One more question, somewhere on here I found a fantastic post about OL in general and someone posted a site that had a coach (and a teen?) going through the correct form of all the lifts. I have been looking for that site anyone have a link?

Thanks for any information.

Josh [/quote]

www.aceathlete.com/hatch/video.htm

So Phil, I’m assuming you mean by “grabbing a bar” just practice holding that form regularly?

And thanks so much for the Gayle Hatch videos, that was definitely them; even though the other link was useful as well. Thanks guys

Josh