Front Squat Form Check

Recently added these back into my training. Felt like as much as I tried to keep my elbows up, I still shifted forward a bit…weak core maybe? Also dont know if it matters, but I kept my stance rather wide…not sure if its better to stay in a but closer. What do you guys think?

Here is the link - YouTube

I don’t see any issues. weight seemed pretty light though, when you go heavier you might see some form problems. Most common would be weak upper and middle back muscles.

Yeah looks fine. Go heavier and just fight to keep your torso upright and elbows high.

Hey man,

great front squatting, you stay nice and upright, your pelvis doesn’t round.

One thing is to make sure you’re in control of your descent, a few times you get a little loose and pitch forward just from the shock of hitting the hole. you gotta get tight as hell.

Another, is you need to be dirving your elbows up hard the entire time, and on that note, the only thing that I saw in the whole video I would correct was your hand position. You have your fingers wrapped around the bar, you need to learn to have them just pushing the bar against your throat.

The exercise i’m going to prescribe to you to help learn your front squat form is frankenstein squats, they teach you to not rely on your arms, and instead maintain a perfectly upright posture while front squatting.

That’s about it man, keep at it, you’re doing great