Front Squat & Back Squat

i just wanted to know what is the different between the front squat and back squat. i mean do both of them work the same muscles?

i can’t put so much wieght when doing front squat. is that normal?

squats can work muscles very diffrently depending on stance, etc.

front squats put more emphasis on the quads. While back squats work the glutes and hips more

Yes you will be able to back squat alot more than you can front squat.

Speaking of different stances, what about the Overhead BB squat…are there any recommendations/hints to do these without feeling like I’m going to face-plant??? Same with the Hack Squat…

[quote]alsrnbsn wrote:
Speaking of different stances, what about the Overhead BB squat…are there any recommendations/hints to do these without feeling like I’m going to face-plant??? Same with the Hack Squat…[/quote]

Overhead squats - start very light so you can go full range with good form. A 45-pound bar might be too heavy if you have flexibilty problems. Try to pull the ends of the bar apart. Keep a wide stance and point the feet outwards.

Hack squats (the barbell variety, not the machine variety) - pull your shoulder blades back HARD and keep your torso upright. That will keep the bar from making excessive contact with your hamstrings or glutes. Otherwise gripping the bar during lockout becomes a real challenge. Use plenty of chalk. Also don’t wear shorts or pants made of any material which would rub the inside of your elbows bloody… I’ve made that mistake before.