Front Squat- 400+ ~200 in Bands

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

[quote]LittleThuggie wrote:
I don’t like sounding like a douche, but that’s not 200# of bands. I’ve used bands a ton, and it’s usually less than you think. Especially when they’re completely deloaded in the bottom. If you wanna get a lot more out of them, put a heavy dumbbell right next to the rack and cinch your band around the rack AND the dumbbell. Those few inches create WAY more tension, and significantly more in the bottom. [/quote]

Thanks, man. I’ve never used bands before. [/quote]

If you have never used bands before, there is a gentleman out of Ohio who is big into using them. I think his name is Louis…Larry…Lenny, something like that, I know it starts with an “L”. He owns his own gym and everything! They have a website, I dont know what it is, but it has something to so with weight training, lol.

Speed look great on the sets, I did front squats last night after wathing this, and they still wreck me! Good work Storm

[quote]Chicksan wrote:

I don’t like sounding like a douche, but that’s not 200# of bands. I’ve used bands a ton, and it’s usually less than you think. Especially when they’re completely deloaded in the bottom. If you wanna get a lot more out of them, put a heavy dumbbell right next to the rack and cinch your band around the rack AND the dumbbell. Those few inches create WAY more tension, and significantly more in the bottom. [/quote]

If you have never used bands before, there is a gentleman out of Ohio who is big into using them. I think his name is Louis…Larry…Lenny, something like that, I know it starts with an “L”. He owns his own gym and everything! They have a website, I dont know what it is, but it has something to so with weight training, lol.

Speed look great on the sets, I did front squats last night after wathing this, and they still wreck me! Good work Storm[/quote]
^^^ haha i see what you did there

1.) Why did you choose this box height (parallel)?

2.) It seems like you don’t mimic a free olympic front squat due to sitting back on the box; do you find this helps your deadlift better than free fs?

[quote]Chicksan wrote:

Speed look great on the sets, I did front squats last night after wathing this, and they still wreck me! Good work Storm[/quote]

I’ve heard of him. Scott Herman Fitness, right? He is a beast.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
1.) Why did you choose this box height (parallel)?

2.) It seems like you don’t mimic a free olympic front squat due to sitting back on the box; do you find this helps your deadlift better than free fs? [/quote]

1. It is pretty close to my hip position when I start my deadlift.

2. The whole point of the box is to over exaggerate the load on the hips. I think box squats in general (but mostly heavy box squats) build the deadlift more than they help the squat for a raw lifter.

I’ve heard of him. Scott Herman Fitness, right? He is a beast.[/quote]

I got a good laugh out of this.