Front Sqauat vs. Backsquat #'s

Post your max in each.

Frontsquat: 245 (bout a month old)

Backsquat (just started and haven’t tested)
275x5 I’m guessing 300-315

what the hell: overhead squat
135 (bout a year old and can’t do any more due to elbow)

Haven’t Front Squatted in years. Back Squat is 625 in belt and 655 in belt and loose Inzer Power Pants. Once I stabilize my weight I’m shooting for 700+ with a Metal Squatter

back: 270
front: 190

I haven’t maxed out on either in a while, and I haven’t backsquatted in months. My last 1RM test on the front squat was 240, and that was over 9 months ago, currently repping 210 for 8, so close to 3? I will be maxing out in about a month, will give you numbers then.

Oh yeah, my front squat will be higher than my back squat, don’t ask.

Oly grip front squat ATG - 365
Back squat to parallel - 455
Back squat ATG - 425 on Monday.

-folly

Back squat 605 raw
Front squat 418 raw

Front: 152Kg
Back: 180Kg
@ 86.5Kg

No wraps, belt, no nothing.

Ass goes to about 4inches off the floor. It’s much lower then anyone elses but I like to know I can get off the bottom when I catch the Clean. A lot of guys fail because they don’t squat to how low they catch the Clean = unknown territory, but catching a Clean properly makes the squat out MUCH MUCH easier then a strict front squat!

Mate goes 175/200 @ 103Kg. He is a strong mofo!

Koing

Front Squat: 285 lbs x 4

Back Squat: 335 lbs x 1

I have a question, how can something like my numbers above happen? Granted, I only back squatted to test, but how does something like this occur. I’m assuming it’s a weak back, because my legs have no problem with the back squat, only my lower back.

BTW, both were done ass to calves.

ATG front squat 330lb X 2
ATG front squat:
have done 365 3x3 with more left,
Estimated max 405-420lbs.

ATG back squat = 405 pounds

ATG front squat = 315 pounds

Back Squat: 275 (I can definitely do much more)
Front Squat: 205x2 for three sets…probably around 235 I’m guessing?
Overhead Squat: 135. I am capable of lifting way more in the OHS, it’s my freakin’ wrists that hold me back. I’d like to do 205-225 at the end of summer.

Pre-meniscal tear
Full olympic back squat : 345
Full Front squats paused at botoom : 275

[quote]RJ24 wrote:

I have a question, how can something like my numbers above happen? Granted, I only back squatted to test, but how does something like this occur. I’m assuming it’s a weak back, because my legs have no problem with the back squat, only my lower back.

BTW, both were done ass to calves.[/quote]

Shouldn’t be lower back since you need a lot of LB strength to stabilize your torso while front SQing. Most likely hips and form.

I hadn’t front squated in a year but I got 315x3 this am.

Back sq with metal briefs 605x1, raw 495x3, competition (metal single ply with double ply briefs, knee wraps and belt) 693 lbs.

Back Squat - 375 lbs
Front Squat - 285 lbs

Front squat will be 315 by June 18th.

–JB

[quote]RJ24 wrote:

BTW, both were done ass to calves.[/quote]

What do you mean? Your back squat is relatively low in relation to your front squat? Well you said it yourself, you don’t back squat often from what I’m reading.

Your back squat if you back squat more often should be higher.

A strong front squat usually automatically means your back squat will also be jacked if you train it as much as your front squat. It is usually people the other way around with people with low front squats compared to their back squats because they don’t front squat often/ lack mobility to rack the bar or their body isn’t strong enough.

Koing

Yeah, if I want to back squat more weight then I should back squat more often. Duh, stupid me.

Back Squat: 320 lbs
Front Squat: 225 lbs x 6

I don’t Front Squat often, so when I hit 225, it made my bicep feel like I’d pulled it a bit after racking the weight. Flexibility issue.

Oh, the BS was a PL depth squat (parallel, maybe a little under) and the FS was Oly depth (narrow stance and far below parallel).

-Gendou

I was talking to a guy in my gym the other day who used to ref powerlifting meets in the Ohio area, and would occasionaly lift with Dave Tate and Louie.

When this guys asked Louie how he could get his squat up, this was Louie’s answer

Lift more weight.

oh, and he also told him to gain weight.

–JB

Front Squat: ~300
Back Squat: 365
at bodyweight of ~182-184

Nick

ATG front 245 x 3 x 4sets
ATG back 275 x 3 x 3
these #'s are from about 1.5 months ago

haven’t maxed either ever i don’t think…but next week i’m maxing back squats…maybe i’ll do fronts soon too