From West by God and the AK47 Virginia I Come!

Greetings! I have a Chihuahua named .‘Tank’. hence, Tanklet.

I own an AK47, SKS, and XD40. I love to target shoot, hunter wannabe, and think that lady weightlifters are angels from heaven.

I"ll be posting AK data for all you shooters out there.

The AK is a heavy, outdated POS.

Nice one - welcome to T-Nation.

Are Chihuahau’s edible?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
The AK is a heavy, outdated POS.[/quote]

Agreed. They are POS.

While it’s not exactly a marksman’s rifle by a long shot I think it’s a bit of an exaggeration to call it a shit rifle…

The fact that it has been in active service for about 60 years around the world (granted, mostly in the third world) alone says it’s not shit…

Rugged, cheap, reliable as hell with plenty of stopping power. For use at distances under 300m it’s a solid weapon (just dont buy Chinese).

For the terrain we have here it’s a helluva better choice than any 5.56 x 45 cal AR… at least I can trust it won’t change direction from the slightest contact with tree branches or something (the 5.56 goes spinning wild if it hits a fucking leaf).

If I could choose my own military AR then one in the 6.8mm remington SPC would be just the right thing to have… buuuut the HK417 is too damn sexy to ignore, I’ll have one of those please.

The HK417… Damn I’m a sucker for gadgets.

[quote]R@NE wrote:
The HK417… Damn I’m a sucker for gadgets.[/quote]

Damn that looks like fun!

Are you allowed to own that kind of weaponry in Finland?

[quote]Renton wrote:
R@NE wrote:

Are you allowed to own that kind of weaponry in Finland?[/quote]

Yes, but not in full-auto (though special permits are available).

Edit: Looks like HK sells it to military and LE only at this time.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
The AK is a heavy, outdated POS.[/quote]

This is BS.

At $2500 (compared to $3100 for the CT M4A1), you get guaranteed one-shot kills to the head, even through a helmet, at any distance across any map.

Furthermore, assuming Colt v. AK (both players with head armor), trading headshots will always result in a win in for the AKer, which, over time, will result in substantial positive variance during otherwise breakeven exchanges.

Long-range accuracy is damn near spot-on for the first bullet (first two to three at mid range), and although movement speed and recoil are slightly worse than with the M4, discerning players almost universally prefer the AK.

We are talking about counterstrike here, right?

[quote]R@NE wrote:
Renton wrote:
R@NE wrote:

[/quote]

does ex-military count :wink:

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
The AK is a heavy, outdated POS.

This is BS.

At $2500 (compared to $3100 for the CT M4A1), you get guaranteed one-shot kills to the head, even through a helmet, at any distance across any map.

Furthermore, assuming Colt v. AK (both players with head armor), trading headshots will always result in a win in for the AKer, which, over time, will result in substantial positive variance during otherwise breakeven exchanges.

Long-range accuracy is damn near spot-on for the first bullet (first two to three at mid range), and although movement speed and recoil are slightly worse than with the M4, discerning players almost universally prefer the AK.

We are talking about counterstrike here, right?[/quote]

Real men like deagles.

the akm is one of the most successful rifles in history with higher reliability than the m-16 and more stopping power than any rifle in 223. although myself i prefer the M14. reliable, tough, powerful, accurate

Guy’s first post is about an AK-47 on a bodybuilding website, I love this place.

[quote]Renton wrote:
R@NE wrote:
Renton wrote:
R@NE wrote:

does ex-military count ;-)[/quote]

I’d wish… :frowning:

Everyone is always like “their so reliable, they never jam” bull, Ive personally had one jam on me more than once (my friend never clean it though). The tip of a bullet hit me in the forehead when I finally got the bolt broke loose and ejected the round (It was in my lap I know my fault).

I never said the m16 was a good gun either. My friend who was in the marine corps said they were cheap POS too. I am not talking from a combat perspective though. I prefer rifles with finished wood and blued metal.

All the AK’s Ive seen look like cheapo Chinese stamped crap. Im sure there are some nice looking AKs out there though.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Guy’s first post is about an AK-47 on a bodybuilding website, I love this place. [/quote]

Best post.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Guy’s first post is about an AK-47 on a bodybuilding website, I love this place. [/quote]

Which is why I posted what I did. I’ve really got nothing against any of the Kalishnikov rifles as they’ve been battle tested the world over for decades.

I was hoping for a super long explanation from the OP about why the AK47 is awesome and how I’m a retard for thinking differently.

LOL at mocking the AK. Tired, old-ass debate. Worse that debating abortion or creationism.

The AK is a great gun.

Oh, it doesn’t look pretty on the wall, like your “Hello Kitty” stickers? Too bad.

It’s not designed for looks. It’s designed to kill.

How sad that I needed to point this out.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Oh, it doesn’t look pretty on the wall, like your “Hello Kitty” stickers? Too bad.
[/quote]

Ahem…

http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.html

I agree the AK47 is rather crude. But it’s very reliable. One of the best shotguns I ever owned was the Saiga12. Practically the same thing, just in 12 gauge. Reliable as all hell.