From Triple Progression to Clusters Question

Coach Ive been doing the Every Other Day split with the Triple Progression for months now and have made good progress.

I am going to switch things up slightly and go with your ultimate cluster training program cluster approach for my Main Lifts only for a while before I go back to Triple Progression.

1. Some people say doing more than 4 or 5 reps at or above 90% will burn out CNS. This has me doing 3 sets of 5-7 cluster reps with 90-95% for the main lift.

How many weeks should this be done to not burn out or should I alter these parameters?

1. I know clusters are great for strength but I am guessing that doing about 15 total reps over 3 sets at 90-95% will also build alot of muscle too?

Thank you

People don’t really understand anything about the nervous system. If you stop your cluster set 1 rep short of failure it is no more demanding than doing other regular schemes 1 rep short of failure.

Still, because of the stress on the joints I would only use a good amount of clusters for 3 weeks.

1 Like

Indeed.

That’s why clusters are so effective for strength: they develop the nervous system factors and the muscular factors.

Thanks coach!

Going to do these for the next 3 weeks on my Squat, Bench, Deadlift, and Press and then go back to Triple Progression.

Thank you!

I think for the deadlift and squat I might use a longer 45 to 60 sec rest between cluster reps