From Skinny Disabled Guy to Buff Disabled Guy

I suppose I’ll start with a little bit about myself. I’m 28 and 5’10. Not too sure about my weight currently. I’ll check that first thing in the morning when I get to the gym. So yep, as the heading states I’m skinny and disabled hah. I’m currently being medically retired from the US Army with a diagnosis of cerebellar ataxia. It’s been a trying 11 months so far. I’ve been dealing with the ups and downs of my disorder and the constant fatigue and lack of motivation, but now I’m finally sick of my sitting around being lazy.

I’m finally holding myself accountable. So starting tomorrow morning I’m starting the 20 rep squats routine for 6 weeks. It will definitely be hard on me considering I have coordination and mobility issues, but I will work with them and overcome them.

Mon, Wed, and Fri:
Behind the Neck Press 3x12
Squat 1x20
Pullover 1x20
Bench Press 3x12
Bentover Row 3x12
Stiff Legged Deadlift 1x15
Pullover 1x20

I know nothing about my maxes, but considering I haven’t done much in terms of lifting for a solid 6-7 months, I’m sure my strength is quite low so I will be erring on the side of caution as I begin this routine when it comes to how much weight I use. Well, I’ll check back in the morning.

1 Like

in brah

Right in at the deep end, love the attitude.

Alright, so today was a very humbling day being back in the gym after such a long layoff and not taking my disorder into account either, but I’ll work with what I got and just get better from here. Also, side note: projectile vomiting milk is one of the most terrible things that has ever happened to me.

Behind the Neck Press 85x3x12
Squat 135x20
Pullover 30x20
Bench Press 135x12x10x10
Bent Over Row 135x3x12
Stiff Legged Deadlift 185x15

Squat definitely wasn’t heavy enough but I’ll just keep doing reasonable adjustments until it does. Also, behind the neck press was lower than I’d normally do because I decided to do it standing and I fight with my balance a majority of the set, but I feel like the more I tax my balance and force my body to compensate hopefully the longer I can remain walking and not wheelchair bound.

Also, thanks for following along. I’ll be following you all as well.

Behind the Neck Press 85x3x12
Squat 145x20
Pullover 30x20
DB Bench 50x3x12
ChinUps 3x12
Stiff Legged Deadlift 185x15

Finally was able to get back in the gym. Shouldn’t run into anymore issues from now on until my 6 weeks or so are up. Today actually felt a lot easier than the first day did. I switched up a couple things and felt much better due to each of them. Standard BB bench is a little on the dangerous order for me considering I have been known to just lose the good ole brain connection to limbs from time to time, and personally I just get a better back workout from chins than I do BB rows. Other than that things should be good. After this week is up I’ll be trying to up weight on everything, not just squats, as much as I can throughout this whole program.

Also, just so everyone is aware, I am getting roughly the recommended one gallon of milk a day as well.