From Rosie to Ann

Coulter sells books. She is a female Howard Stern. She throws red-meat and generates controversy because it keeps her in the news.

Every time I walk past the “politics” section of the bookstore with all the new books on the shelf, I am reminded that any person seriously interested in politics should ignore 85% of them - Coulter, Franken - doesn’t matter. They are all bad.

Sad part is, Coulter is very bright and she writes well. But she had rather be a controversialist than a legitimate political commentator. She is a radical, not a conservative.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Sad part is, Coulter is very bright and she writes well. But she had rather be a controversialist than a legitimate political commentator. She is a radical, not a conservative.[/quote]

What was interesting to me was that O’Reilly tried to make an issue over the “left wing media” ignoring Rosie’s comments while lambasting Coulter. Coulter pointed out that she gets “attacked” every six months or so… which leads to a spike in book sales and speaking gigs.

I definitely agree that she’s no idiot… she knows exactly what she’s doing - and what sells books.

Coulter sells books. She is a female Howard Stern. She throws red-meat and generates controversy because it keeps her in the news.

Every time I walk past the “politics” section of the bookstore with all the new books on the shelf, I am reminded that any person seriously interested in politics should ignore 85% of them - Coulter, Franken - doesn’t matter. They are all bad.

Sad part is, Coulter is very bright and she writes well. But she had rather be a controversialist than a legitimate political commentator. She is a radical, not a conservative.[/quote]

All I have to say, is at least OUR radical dip shits are comedians. Not meant to be taken seriously with anyone with an IQ of 80 and above (which is sadly, not all left wingers).

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Not meant to be taken seriously with anyone with an IQ of 80 and above (which is sadly, not all left wingers).[/quote]

You’re telling me! :wink:

Not you though - I enjoy your posts.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
What the hell is with libs wishing horrible things on people? Lighten up, she is just a woman with an opinion.

[/quote]
Ohh…come on…sick, twisted humor? I know you have to have it being in the MARINE CORPS and all.

Its okay to laugh at what a “fat fuck” rosie is (not that that’s makes her opinions stupid) but its not okay to call Ann a cunt wishing she’d crawl into a hole and die?

The only distinction I can make between them is how they profit from their spin. One writes books the other sits on a popular morning talk show geared towards women with no career (which makes it all the more amusing that HH knows every detail of rosie’s life).

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PGJ wrote:
What the hell is with libs wishing horrible things on people? Lighten up, she is just a woman with an opinion.

Ohh…come on…sick, twisted humor? I know you have to have it being in the MARINE CORPS and all.

Its okay to laugh at what a “fat fuck” rosie is (not that that’s makes her opinions stupid) but its not okay to call Ann a cunt wishing she’d crawl into a hole and die?

The only distinction I can make between them is how they profit from their spin. One writes books the other sits on a popular morning talk show geared towards women with no career (which makes it all the more amusing that HH knows every detail of rosie’s life).[/quote]

(a) Rosie’s ‘life’ (or lack thereof) is splattered all over the news daily.

(b) Annie could seriously shred anyone on this forum in a debate.

(c) Ann is easily the most feminine, dynamic woman around. Most of the fitness models you dudes lust over have the IQ of a carrot. Blech!! But I guess we all have different standards…“Hey, she’s got the best rack!”…pathetic…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PGJ wrote:

The only distinction I can make between them is how they profit from their spin. One writes books the other sits on a popular morning talk show geared towards women with no career (which makes it all the more amusing that HH knows every detail of rosie’s life).

(c) Ann is easily the most feminine, dynamic woman around. Most of the fitness models you dudes lust over have the IQ of a carrot. Blech!! But I guess we all have different standards…“Hey, she’s got the best rack!”…pathetic…

[/quote]

I agree with (b).

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PGJ wrote:

I agree with (b).

[/quote]

I don’t. Have you ever tried looking up her references from one of her books?

Almost everything she quotes is completely out of context, or cut off. In a few cases, she decided to take obvious jokes and bits of hyperbole as literal word.

I did my own little mini-project on her and Al Franken a while back. Franken did some mis-quoting, but his was usually in jest. Anne did it with a serious tone.

Unless she has some hidden genius in her, totally possible, she’d simply be called too much for fallacy’s in a real debate setting.

And to clarify, Rosie would just be shit on here, by libs and cons alike.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
I don’t. Have you ever tried looking up her references from one of her books?

Almost everything she quotes is completely out of context, or cut off. In a few cases, she decided to take obvious jokes and bits of hyperbole as literal word.

I did my own little mini-project on her and Al Franken a while back. Franken did some mis-quoting, but his was usually in jest. Anne did it with a serious tone.

Unless she has some hidden genius in her, totally possible, she’d simply be called too much for fallacy’s in a real debate setting.
[/quote]

That’s exactly why Coulter would ‘win’ internet debates.

You don’t win on the internet with solid, well thought out arguments backed with accepted references and citations. You win on the internet by taking quotes out of context, throwing up strawmen, and belittling your opponent.

That’s Coulter’s MO, and she’s very, very good at it.

There aren’t many people who have even a cursory interest in current events that take Coulter seriously. I lean right, so I think she’s hilarious, but it’s obvious that she uses hyperbole and exaggeration to get her face on TV and her books on the shelves.

I bet she would admit behind closed doors that she doesn’t seriously believe half the crap she writes.

I think she would get her ass handed to her in a debate if her opponent could keep his cool. She spews a lot of bullshit, but she does it DAMN well, and she knows how to hit topics that push people’s buttons.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Depends on what we’re debating. I could easily make her look like the fool she is.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

We must watch different news then…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PGJ wrote:

[/quote]

Ann Coulter…? Shred ANYONE in a debate? Are you out of your fucking mind? The lady has no rethoric skill what so ever, she is a populistic media whore, not a genius.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

That’s exactly why Coulter would ‘win’ internet debates.
[/quote]

In an internet debate she’d get her salad tossed. I could easily fact check any of her references and call her out on them. She usually throws everything out of context and misrepresents the actual facts. In a podium debate that wouldn’t be easy to do.

[quote]Ren wrote:
I think she would get her ass handed to her in a debate if her opponent could keep his cool. She spews a lot of bullshit, but she does it DAMN well, and she knows how to hit topics that push people’s buttons.[/quote]

…a girl after ny own heart…

Keep pushing those buttons, Annie!

Headhunter wrote:

Depends on what we’re debating. I could easily make her look like the fool she is.[/quote]

We could debate Canada’s participation in the Vietnam war, which she adamantly defended during and interview on the CBC.

Depends on what we’re debating. I could easily make her look like the fool she is.[/quote]

Heh.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
I think she would get her ass handed to her in a debate if her opponent could keep his cool. She spews a lot of bullshit, but she does it DAMN well, and she knows how to hit topics that push people’s buttons.

…a girl after ny own heart…

Keep pushing those buttons, Annie!

[/quote]

If you want me to I could offer rebuttals off the top of my head to some points she made in her latest post, just for shits and giggles.

LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Depends on what we’re debating. I could easily make her look like the fool she is.

Heh.

[/quote]
You laugh but someone that is used to having to be balanced and fair when presenting facts and results and knows how to present evidence would make her look like a partisan, groupie bimbo.