T Nation

From Powerlifting to Bodybuilding

I’m 22, 5’8 and 180 lbs. I’ve been training like a powerlifter now for about 2 years, and prior to that I just screwed around with weights, not really having a clue as to what I was doing. I’m just wondering what the reaction might be to my “base” which I think is now ready for bodybuilding. I feel that I’ve tapped out my relative strength at my current weight (535 deadlift, 315 bench), I’m bored with my training, and I just want to start to look better. Luckily, I’ve kept my diet under control and haven’t let my body fat get way out of hand.

Well, here I am…this is what I got from not doing “pump” sets and not using bodybuilding training…

Front

Front two

All puffed up lol wow

back 2

Back again

You look like you might have a good physique but man your camera sucks.

What fed do you compete in?

Leg sorry, i know…

[quote]Defekt wrote:
You look like you might have a good physique but man your camera sucks. [/quote]

Glad I kept it and didn’t give it to my girlfriend (at the time), then. haha

[quote]Gael wrote:
What fed do you compete in?[/quote]

ADAU raw (it sucks)

You have a good base… it would be nice to see how your physique turns out in a few years of bb style training

Well, I’ll be trying…after Army OCS. So it’ll be a while and I’l have to regain some lost size, but I’ll regain that with my powerlifting style routine and then branch off from there, once I’m back to “normal.”

Good luck with OCS. I’m in the midst of applying to several OCSs right now.

[quote]Svedka wrote:
Good luck with OCS. I’m in the midst of applying to several OCSs right now.[/quote]

Thanks buddy, and good luck to you too!

You’re camera does suck! What about your squat #? Do you have any pics from 20?

You’ve got a great base for your height/weight! Even from those shitty pics, you can see where all those deads paid off. Great pull on the vid!!!

Good luck with OCS.

Squat is 355. :confused: weakest link

Well…this pic is kinda funny…

Btw, I started off as a fatty at 215 lbs of 99.9% body fat, then ran myself down to 155 and then lifted from there to get to 195, and then I cut to 180 to compete in the 181 powerlifting class. All in all, that process took about 5 years.