T Nation

From GarageRocker's Basement

Hell yeah dude, that sounds awesome.

You have the mid gain tone dialed in real nice. The high gain tone is badass too. It sounds super saturated, almost like it’s on the verge of fuzzbox territory!!! Sick.

Awesome playing too man. Keep them coming!

Thanks man, I still need some tweaking on the high gain channel but it’s getting close to where I want it. I think it’ll sound better just being louder too - that video was done at conversation volume. I’ll do an actual video here soon where I plan it a bit and will probably try my Zoom recorder in parallel with my phone mic.

1 Like

You can really surprise yourself with 5/3/1 (or AMRAPS) at times lol

1 Like

Right? Got an even bigger surprise yesterday…log post coming.

1 Like

9/13/2020 - Deadlift Day

Up and moving, my wife has started lifting again so we lifted together yesterday. Normal PWO routine - cleans for explosive work.

Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 3
240 x 3
285 x 3
330 x 1
375 x 1
425 x 1
470 x 1
515 x 1 - lifetime PR

445 x 2 - yikes

Assistance - SS w/ deadlift
Ab wheel - 5 x 10

SS w/ each other
Dips - 5 x 10
Band pull apart - 5 x 20

Things felt good and moved quick. I find my back holds up better to a >90% rep than it does to multiple reps (as in a PR set), so I just did a joker set instead of the PR set. I’ll be lowering my TM a bit for Limited Time so I can do the PR sets and widowmakers and still walk the next day. Will upload video of 515 soon.

8 Likes

Awesome work dude.

Fuck yeah, man. Nice work. This log should be retitled “The PR Basement”. Some kinda crazy lifting voodoo happening down there.

1 Like

Thanks guys! If I were to venture a guess, I would say I’ve been capable of lifting this much weight for a long time, but have only recently been learning to get the rotten piece of meat between my ears to cooperate with me. I’m really enjoying the success, though, and am hopefully planning out the right next steps to keep things moving.

531 for life?

1 Like

531 forever

2 Likes

Thanks to the discussion in @kdjohn’s log, I think I have a strategy to stay more on track with eating without really putting much effort in. I’m gonna find a lean breakfast protein and prepare 350 grams’ worth of it per week (50 grams/day), and always have a fruit or vegetable with it. I already have that established for my lunch. Then dinner will be whatever I want within reason. Only exception will be training days where I’ll do my usual carbs/protein pre- and post-workout.

1 Like

This has basically been my diet for the last couple months, and it’s been working great.

1 Like

9/15/2020 - Press Day

Up and moving, candy corn and Amazon brand pre workout. Normal routine otherwise, including 4 x 5 box jumps

Press
45 x 5
70 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 3
115 x 5
130 x 3
145 x 7

Assistance - SS w/press
Pull/Chin ups - 8, 8, 8, 6, 7, 7, 7

Assistance - SS w/each other
Banded tricep pressdown - 5 x 20
Calf raises - 4 x 12 reps/leg; 1 x 50 reps with both legs

I was still tired from the deadlift workout but felt good. Hit a wall on the 4th set of pull ups because I don’t rest between warm-up sets, then felt great after a longer rest between final warm-up and first work set. Calf raises have my knees feeling awesome and triceps pressdowns are helping my elbows.

Full cycle complete and I feel like it was a massive success - working on sheet for Limited Time now. May do a 7th week TM test next week, may just use + set data from this week.

3 Likes

Survived my golf trip where I played 90 holes of golf in 3 days. I’m beat up and my nervous system is pretty shot (450 strokes total, not counting warm-up or practice swings), so I won’t be lifting this week. Focus on walking and easy cardio to help recover. I didn’t eat terribly, but I didn’t eat great. I drank some but didn’t drink to excess, so I’m happy with the level of control I had. Some in our group took it too far a few times. Looking forward to starting Limited Time next week.

Also, I feel I may have gotten to the bottom of my occasional compulsion to have a drink or 3, and will probably try to expand on it here later.

2 Likes

90 holes?? Good golly.

1 Like

Yep, 36, 36, and 18 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My dad has done a trip like this every year since he was 40 and he turns 58 this week. We had a couple people in their 60’s on this trip too. You don’t realize how hard golf can be on your body if you only play an occasional 9 or 18 holes…

I always mock golfers, but yeah, THAT many holes would be ridiculous, especially if you walk most of it. Not to mention the repeated violent action of swinging the club.

This is more of my issue. I’m not athletic, nor am I coordinated. My swing speed comes from rage and brute force, which is not where it should come from. haha I will say, though, that my final drive of the entire trip clocked in at 312 yards, so I didn’t lose much, if any, swing speed throughout the weekend.

1 Like

9/23/2020 - Reload Day 1

Since I took a week off and hate going into a new cycle totally cold, I thought it was a good idea to do an assistance circuit workout twice this week before Monday’s session.

Circuit - 40 lb weight vest

Chin up - 5 reps
Dips - 10 reps
RFESS - 10 reps/leg

Repeat 5 times, rest as needed.

This kicked my ass. Cardio was de-trained so I’m still sucking wind 10 minutes later. I know I’m heavy, underslept, under-hydrated, and over-caffeinated. Still got 'er done. Did the first 3 rounds with almost no rest so I was proud of that. I struggled more with the dips than the chins, which I didn’t expect. Overall I feel better now.

2 Likes

Sheet for next cycle below

4 Likes