From fat ass to badass

Okay, I,m going to start a training log. For anyone who cares. Its mainly so I can keep progress on something other then my Iphone. I have a meet coming up in march USAPL.

Stats as of last meet ( Nov 5th )
Ht:6’3
Wt:355
Squat:575
Bench:440
Dead:600
Age 20
I am using 5/3/1 And am currently on the second week. Its the first time I,ve really followed a laid out program. My goals are this. I want to gain or maintain strength while losing fat. I am tired of all the excess pounds I am carrying. Don’t really care what my weight is, just as long as I’m losing fat. So I will do 5/3/1 and try to eat clean. Not counting calories or anything like that yet. The first goal is just to start eating better in general. Had my body fat measured 33%. Goal is 15%.

Im starting with bench I did this on Wens day 12-14
155x5x1
195x5x1
235x3x1
315x3x1
350x3x1
375x3x1
395x3x1

Assistance
incline bench
75x10x1
85x10x1
95x10x1

15 mins treadmill.

Day two was today, deadlifts.

135x10x2
225x5x1
280x5x1
340x5x1
420x3x1
480x3x1
530x3x1

Assistance
Stiff leg deads
135x10x3
15 mins treadmill

BOOM! In mothafucka.

You better not disappoint The Hallowed!

You has stated your goals.

I AM WATCHING YEW!

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
BOOM! In mothafucka.

You better not disappoint The Hallowed!

You has stated your goals.

I AM WATCHING YEW![/quote]
Oh shit, now I have to represent! haha. :slight_smile:

I’m also trying to lose weight on 5/3/1, good luck man those are some impressive lifts

[quote]al1492 wrote:
I’m also trying to lose weight on 5/3/1, good luck man those are some impressive lifts[/quote]
Thanks man. Good luck to you as well

Had two forms of cardio today. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill as usual. I also cut down some trees. And split the logs. Which is a pretty damn good workout. I decided to start logging what I eat as well.

I slept in today sooo

11:00 am 4 eggs, 3 chicken sausages, strawberries, protein shake.
2:00 pm Turkey sandwhich, onion soup, mac and cheese
6:00 pm Another turkey sandwhich, apple, chips… a small bag
9:00pm protein shake, banana, apple

Sup big man. You can trust I’ll be following.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Sup big man. You can trust I’ll be following.[/quote]
Good shit man.

Been away from the log for a short time. laptop hardrive died. FML. So I did squats last night. My right petella tendon has been hurting so I took it light.

135x10x2
225x8x1
315x5x1
405x3x1
460x3x2
I decided to do two lighter sets of triples. Instead of a heavy single.

Diet
Yesterday
7:24 am Two pieces of cinnamon raisin bread, orange, protein shake.
9:30 am protein shake
12:00 pm beef stew, roll, banana
3;30 pm protein shake, granola bar
7:00 pm turkey sandwich, carrots, apple
9:0pm protein shake, peanut butter

No video of squats. I forgot.

Good shit, buddy. Keep it up.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Good shit, buddy. Keep it up.[/quote]
x2

Thanks storm and Sparr, I plan too.
So today was bench night.
Barx10x1
135x10x1
225x10x1
330x5x1
375x3x1
420x2x1 ( new 2 rep PR )
No video again. I keep forgetting. But will be sure to do it next week.

Diet

Had work off today SOO I was super lazy
1:00 pm ( lol I know horrible ) 4 eggs, two peoces of wheat toast, orange.
3:30 pm protien shake, pre workout
6:00 pm protien shake
8:00 pm buffalo wild wings and buffalo chips… I cheated :-/
10:00 pm protien shake

Well the holidays have been crazayyy. I didn’t even log what I ate. But I know it was allot of stuff I shouldn’t have lol. Squats tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. My knee is still being a bitch. I already hot it looked at. And of course the doctor said what I already knew he would. " You have to give it rest. Don’t lift heavy weights. " Well I have a meet in march so I kinda have to get ready for that! Oh well I shall see how it goes tmmrw. I’m debating on maybe using knee wraps to support my tendons for a while. Maybe it will help?

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:
Well the holidays have been crazayyy. I didn’t even log what I ate. But I know it was allot of stuff I shouldn’t have lol. Squats tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. My knee is still being a bitch. I already hot it looked at. And of course the doctor said what I already knew he would. " You have to give it rest. Don’t lift heavy weights. " Well I have a meet in march so I kinda have to get ready for that! Oh well I shall see how it goes tmmrw. I’m debating on maybe using knee wraps to support my tendons for a while. Maybe it will help?[/quote]

Do you ever use knee sleeves?

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:
Well the holidays have been crazayyy. I didn’t even log what I ate. But I know it was allot of stuff I shouldn’t have lol. Squats tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. My knee is still being a bitch. I already hot it looked at. And of course the doctor said what I already knew he would. " You have to give it rest. Don’t lift heavy weights. " Well I have a meet in march so I kinda have to get ready for that! Oh well I shall see how it goes tmmrw. I’m debating on maybe using knee wraps to support my tendons for a while. Maybe it will help?[/quote]

Do you ever use knee sleeves?

CS[/quote]
x2 all my knee pain was gone after a few weeks plus the proprioceptive feedback can lead to PR’s.

I actually have used knee sleeves. But they were 2xl. And after a while got to loose. so I’m thinking maybe if I order a size smaller. I would have better support.

Was bench night tonight. Brought two new people to the gym. Trying to get enough peeps for a team. So hopefully that works out. Diet is getting back on track after the holidays. man i love food lol. Training was good, I love bench. My little bro benched 135 and is only 15. I found that impressive.

Bench:
Bar 10x1
135x10x1
225x10x1
295x5x1
330x5x1
380x5x1

tricep pushdowns
170x10x1
180x10x1
190x10x1

skull crushers