From Cutting to Bulking

I have been trying to loose fat for along time but only successfuly for a few months. I lost almost 50 pounds from April to now. Looking back I could have lost more body fat and less wieght than I actually lost, next time I cut will be much more successful. Anyway I lost about 15% body fat.

I am starting my first bulk in Feb. My plan to “bulk” is continuing with Berardi’s 10 habits but add calories each week, instead of jumping into a mass diet I will work my wasy up to 3-4k cals daily than following something like “massive eating”.

Is this the best way to start a bulk? Any other articles I should read? I am a FFB looking to put on muscle for the first time.

Also will snackong on special K cereal make me fat? haha I am addicted to the almond crunk or whatever it is called

I’m in the same situation so I’ll be interested to hear what the advice is. I’m a FFB that’s looking to add some weight now that I’m about as lean as I want to be. If you haven’t read it yet the “FFB handbook” might be helpful.

PeterD

[quote]PeterD wrote:
I’m in the same situation so I’ll be interested to hear what the advice is. I’m a FFB that’s looking to add some weight now that I’m about as lean as I want to be. If you haven’t read it yet the “FFB handbook” might be helpful.

PeterD[/quote]

Gents,

In my opinion, the best way to transition from a dieting state to a muscle building one is through caloric cycling. Whether you focus on fats or carbs as your energy sources, constantly varying your intake will yield probably your best gains. While it helps to be quite lean to begin with, you can make a case for adding calories on a staggered or wave like basis for 4-6 weeks or until you begin to accumulate too much fat.

The worst approach is to go whole hog and start to pig out based on some random BMR calculation.

Cheers,
Sasha

Thanks for the info. I read throu FFB Handbook and it seem like gaining lean mass is going ot be HARD haha. We will see.