From Crap to oh Snap-Vol.1

Wendler Cycle has cometh, man hatheth been saved!

MP:45KG
BENCH:67.5KG
SQUAT:80KG
DEADLIFT:100KG

Military press
Barbell row
Lateral raises
Dumbbell curl
Cable skullcrushers

Deadlift
Front squat
Hypers
HLR

Bench press
Dumbbell rows
Lateral raises
Barbell curls
Tricep pushdowns

Squat
Romanian deadlift
Hypers
HLR

Accessories 4x10
2600KCAL per day
20 Minute hit routine after workouts, starting them light, 5mph jog-30 sec sprint at 9mph and build as I get more conditioned over time.

Here is the rundown on todays numbers:

Military press

5x20 - hit
5x22.5-hit
3x25-hit
5x27.5-hit
5x32.5-hit

5+ x35kg- got 11 full reps

Is that a good number for the 5 rep AMRAP?

OK, so the rows, not sure what the fuck was going on but no matter how light I went I couldn’t keep my torso horizontal during the sets. I am going to have to continue to work at these. I might drop to 40KG next week and be a patient motherfucker. I feel my non existent upper back is the source of most of my failure points on the other main lifts, too.

Anyway

Barbell rows-4x10

10@50kg
7@60kg
10@60kg
10@60kg

Became shrugs, should of lowered, will do next time!

Standing lateral raises-4x10

10@8kg
10@10kg
10@8kg
10@8kg

Dumbbell curls-4x10

10@10kg
5@10kg/5@8kg dropped and continued lighter
10@8kg
10@8kg

Cable skullcrushers-4x10

10@20kg
10@22.5kg
5@22.5kg
10@20kg

Feeling determined. It can only go up from these girly man numbers.

Mate - I’ve been running a similar template to Wendlers this past year, and managed to lose 25kg simply by restricting carbs to just before training. Oats whey an hour 1/2 before strength training, then protein and fat for the rest of the day.
Due to work, I didn’t have time to fit in regular cardio, but this diet still worked for me.

Military press numbers: hitting 11 reps is perfect, it’ll allow a longer period of progression. I like to aim for double the minimum reps.

BB rows: Try doing ‘Pendlay rows’, and pause between each rep. they should keep your form stricter

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
Mate - I’ve been running a similar template to Wendlers this past year, and managed to lose 25kg simply by restricting carbs to just before training. Oats whey an hour 1/2 before strength training, then protein and fat for the rest of the day.
Due to work, I didn’t have time to fit in regular cardio, but this diet still worked for me.

Military press numbers: hitting 11 reps is perfect, it’ll allow a longer period of progression. I like to aim for double the minimum reps.

BB rows: Try doing ‘Pendlay rows’, and pause between each rep. they should keep your form stricter

Cheers dude, Thanks for the pointers, bit unsure of my form in general, I got an induction at my gym and the guy told me to have the bar just below my neck but then proceeded to get me to squat low bar style, the staff suck balls really bad, been online trying to get my form down.

Is the carbs before workout only what they call carb loading? I love food and I am broke so I tend to eat carbs alot due to how cheap yet delicious they are. I might try an intermittent fasting type gig where I ingest all my calories in the four hour workout I do my workouts in.

So get up at 5, eat a good solid meal, go gym at 6 then once I get back consume the rest.

Also how is your wendler program going? How do you like it for beginners? I was really considering SS but I already have a shitty body composition and the lack of volume on SS made me wonder how beneficial it would be for anyone not just interested in strength as the only goal.

I liked the whole “you can’t flex bone” stance people like Defranco adhere to for beginners.

First time I’ve ever had to pretty much swallow my own sick back down during a workout. I felt like quitting so bad after my first set of front squats. I carried on and now I feel half sick half high at home. Was really satisfying when I finished my workout without giving up.

OK the numbers:

5x40kg- hit
5x45kg-hit
3x55kg-hit
5x60kg-hit
5x67.5kg-hit
5 x77.5kg- hit 15

The fucking staff guy came over complaining about me doing deadlifts, during my fucking set, I think I could of got maybe 1 or two more with that fucking asshole vulture swooping on anyone not doing machine abductor exercises!

Front squats:
10x40kg- hit and felt like collapsing, I am so weak on front squats
10x40kg-hit ten again, was so fucking focused
10x40kg-hit ten once more, was letting out girly sex noises, whole gym was watching and smirking, didn’t give single fuck
10x40kg-hit ten again, had heart palpatations, tasted metal in my mouth, my quads felt so weak. Was fucking pumped to hit 10

I did front squats a few months ago and could only get 5 or so reps for a few sets I was much weaker then. Small victory!

Hypers:

10xbw
10xbw
10xbw
10xbw

All very controlled, 2 seconds up two down, felt pump in my lower back and upper glutes.

Hurt like fuck in a good way, much like my bicep after a few sets of curls

Girly leg raises, arms on pads version:
10xbw felt so sick and exhausted at this point but gritted them
10xbw
10xbw
10xbw

Going to jump into the shower and get some grub before work.