T Nation

Frisco Bus Ads

"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) â?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) â?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.[/quote]

What does this have to do with the city itself? The only entity involved that actually has anything to do with the city itself is the Muni Transit System, which is donating the profits made from the advertising to the Human Rights Commission rather than keep the profits of hate speech and is also paying to launch its own ad campaign promoting peace and tolerance instead of the ignorance that these ads promote.

And SF isn’t the only city that this ad campaign has been launched in. The campaign itself has no connection with the city and is being funded by a Jewish woman from Long Island. Did you even read the article, or did you just read the headline and the first paragraph?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) â?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.[/quote]

But this is an anti-terrorist campaign, not an anti-Jew campaign?

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) �¢?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.[/quote]

But this is an anti-terrorist campaign, not an anti-Jew campaign?[/quote]

Why do you think they are mutually exclusive?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) â?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.[/quote]

“When someone attacks our Religion they are attacking us.” I guess when Islamists kill Jews, and Christians it is ok. Amazing how San Francisco did nothing about the Islam ads about Jihad, but are going after the people that tell the truth about Islam.

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
"SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) �?�¢?? A controversy has been re-ignited this week as ten new ads go up on San Francisco Muni buses containing quotes used by terrorists.

“Killing Jews is worship that draws us closer to Allah,” reads one of the ads…"

And you can walk around naked whilst killing Jews too I hear! What a “progressive” city.[/quote]

But this is an anti-terrorist campaign, not an anti-Jew campaign?[/quote]

Why do you think they are mutually exclusive?
[/quote]

You know what I mean.

Also, there aren’t that many Jewish terrorists running around these days.

Except for the ones running Hollywood…You can be a terrorist by being
complicit in the destroying the culture via movies and music.

Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one?

[quote]H factor wrote:
Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one? [/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of, I donno, every major religion of the world…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one? [/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of, I donno, every major religion of the world… [/quote]

Yeah maybe I am. And that’s the problem. TONS of people throughout history are CONSTANTLY missing the point (i.e. using it to do horrible things). I’m just calling a spade a spade. Are you trying to argue that religion hasn’t convinced people to kill, abuse, steal throughout history? I think even the most devout believers of faith would be hard pressed to not agree there.

Therefore I can’t really get on board. (That and the whole rational thought thing).

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one? [/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of, I donno, every major religion of the world… [/quote]

Yeah maybe I am. And that’s the problem. TONS of people throughout history are CONSTANTLY missing the point (i.e. using it to do horrible things). I’m just calling a spade a spade. Are you trying to argue that religion hasn’t convinced people to kill, abuse, steal throughout history? I think even the most devout believers of faith would be hard pressed to not agree there.

Therefore I can’t really get on board. (That and the whole rational thought thing). [/quote]

No, I’m saying that man is responsible for heinous acts, sometimes because of religion, but man is also responsible for some truly great things, sometimes because of religion. I don’t believe your blanket statement is true, is all.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one? [/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of, I donno, every major religion of the world… [/quote]

Yeah maybe I am. And that’s the problem. TONS of people throughout history are CONSTANTLY missing the point (i.e. using it to do horrible things). I’m just calling a spade a spade. Are you trying to argue that religion hasn’t convinced people to kill, abuse, steal throughout history? I think even the most devout believers of faith would be hard pressed to not agree there.

Therefore I can’t really get on board. (That and the whole rational thought thing). [/quote]

No, I’m saying that man is responsible for heinous acts, sometimes because of religion, but man is also responsible for some truly great things, sometimes because of religion. I don’t believe your blanket statement is true, is all.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying everyone ever who has been religious has done heinous acts because of it, but a great deal many have. And I have no idea how to get on board knowing that. What a hate filled experience on the whole, and to believe in something completely irrational as well based on extremely old documents that no one can agree on saying the same thing.

I’m cool without it, but many aren’t. By all means partake.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Lol, religion. Convincing people to kill, abuse, and steal in the name of someone they can’t see. And I’M the weird one for not having one? [/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of, I donno, every major religion of the world… [/quote]

Yeah maybe I am. And that’s the problem. TONS of people throughout history are CONSTANTLY missing the point (i.e. using it to do horrible things). I’m just calling a spade a spade. Are you trying to argue that religion hasn’t convinced people to kill, abuse, steal throughout history? I think even the most devout believers of faith would be hard pressed to not agree there.

Therefore I can’t really get on board. (That and the whole rational thought thing). [/quote]

No, I’m saying that man is responsible for heinous acts, sometimes because of religion, but man is also responsible for some truly great things, sometimes because of religion. I don’t believe your blanket statement is true, is all.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying everyone ever who has been religious has done heinous acts because of it, but a great deal many have. And I have no idea how to get on board knowing that. What a hate filled experience on the whole, and to believe in something completely irrational as well based on extremely old documents that no one can agree on saying the same thing. Yeah, not signing up anytime soon.

[/quote]

That’s all I was pointing out. Although I’d argue that those committing atrocities in the name of their religion are likely not really following their religion.

I don’t remember Jesus saying anything about murdering millions for the “Holy Land”. You can thank the evil in man’s heart for that.