Fright Night

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
She’ll get away on a plane and be the big hero because she’ll warn the rest of the world.[/quote]

I sincerely hope they don’t do this. =/

There’s no need. We know how it ends. We don’t care for alternative endings to make the film unique in its own right. Just fucking tell us what happens up to the dog chase![/quote]

What I mean is she likely escaped before the dog chase or was still at the Norwegian camp and left when the helicopter guy never came back.
[/quote]

Aye I got where you were going with that, but still…no need. Who cares really if she tells the world - it’s not like that’s going to save either camp from their predestined fate so it seems a pointless escape. Kill the bitch and make it gruesome as hell! That’s what is going to get appraisal!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I never see horror movies in the theater as my girlfriend doesn’t like them…so whose titties do I hide my face in for the scary parts?!?

Though I will go by myself if I must for the new The Thing.[/quote]

But they have a woman as the protagonist in The Thing remake. Weak. She won’t even die, I’d bet 5 internet dollars on it.[/quote]

She has to die. She isn’t in the first one and there were no other survivors bar the pilot and rubbish sniper…

THEY BETTER NOT FUCK THIS UP WOL!?!?[/quote]

1. She’s a woman
  2. Its 2011

When’s the last time you’ve seen the female protagonist lose in a horror movie? Exactly. I’m pretty sure she’ll live.

Even Kurt Russell and Keith David didn’t survive in Carpenter’s movie.
[/quote]

Shrooms and Beaches female protagonist died[/quote]

Seen neither, but I know oen is straight to dvd movies and the other is lifetime approved.

I’ll give you one more: Rec aka Quarantine
[/quote]

Wol I recommend Shrooms it is on Netflix.

Beaches will suck the Test out of you within minutes so would not recommend.

Does this mean WolBarret will spend the next month hyping this movie in every thread?

I thought I heard about a Fright Night remake, but thought I was mistaken. hadn’t heard anything else about it.

the original scared the crap out of me as a 5 yr old.

[quote]byukid wrote:
Does this mean WolBarret will spend the next month hyping this movie in every thread?[/quote]

Only if provoked.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m not sure if I can bring myself to watch this. It looks like it has potential but I loved the first one and I’m pretty reluctant to continue supporting Hollywood simply remaking movies from 20-30 years ago. It’s pathetic.

And they’re remaking The Thing… seriously? WTF?[/quote]

The Thing is a remake of The Thing From Another World:

For a b-movie it’s pretty good.

I love how both the 1951 Thing and the 1982 (and maybe the 2011 one?) use that cool font.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
She’ll get away on a plane and be the big hero because she’ll warn the rest of the world.[/quote]

I sincerely hope they don’t do this. =/

There’s no need. We know how it ends. We don’t care for alternative endings to make the film unique in its own right. Just fucking tell us what happens up to the dog chase![/quote]

What I mean is she likely escaped before the dog chase or was still at the Norwegian camp and left when the helicopter guy never came back.
[/quote]

Aye I got where you were going with that, but still…no need. Who cares really if she tells the world - it’s not like that’s going to save either camp from their predestined fate so it seems a pointless escape. Kill the bitch and make it gruesome as hell! That’s what is going to get appraisal!

[/quote]

It could go either way. It all depends on how greedy they get. I wouldn’t put it past them to have her escape unscathed, get back to a normal life, then show a cutscene of a tentacle flicker out from her sleeve while she delivers a sly look directly into the camera.

Cue sequel and another pint wrung from the cash cow.

Okay Wol, set things up, leaving early to see Fright Night at 3:15 and then I am going to go back at 8:40 and see Conan.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m not sure if I can bring myself to watch this. It looks like it has potential but I loved the first one and I’m pretty reluctant to continue supporting Hollywood simply remaking movies from 20-30 years ago. It’s pathetic.

For a b-movie it’s pretty good. [/quote]
It’s actually more of a sequel than a remake

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

For a b-movie it’s pretty good. [/quote]
It’s actually more of a sequel than a remake[/quote]

Who told you that? The creatures in each respective movie are totally different in nature.

The alien in the 1951 version is basically a humanoid plant with a fixed shape. They analyze it in the movie.

I loved the Carpenter one so much, that if this doesn’t prove to be out-standing, I will probably get thrown out of the theater for loudly pointing out every part of it that isn’t as good.

I will use many expletives as well.

Hey saw just saw Fright Night, you know the what this thread is about. :slight_smile:

Not bad really enjoyed it, actors all did top notch performances.

Wol is never wrong. Except about girl’s age. I should have never sent her dick pics…

bump damn you

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I never see horror movies in the theater as my girlfriend doesn’t like them…so whose titties do I hide my face in for the scary parts?!?

But they have a woman as the protagonist in The Thing remake. Weak. She won’t even die, I’d bet 5 internet dollars on it.[/quote]

She has to die. She isn’t in the first one and there were no other survivors bar the pilot and rubbish sniper…

1. She’s a woman
  2. Its 2011

When’s the last time you’ve seen the female protagonist lose in a horror movie? Exactly. I’m pretty sure she’ll live.

[/quote]

Actually, they didn’t show if one of them survived, did they? That thing can hibernate for thousands of years.

If we hit the theater this weekend, it’ll be Fright night.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
If we hit the theater this weekend, it’ll be Fright night.[/quote]

Ok, that’s an acceptable answer. Your wife will like it. You still need to eat before you guy. You guys are insane to buy concession food.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

1. She’s a woman
  2. Its 2011

[/quote]

Actually, they didn’t show if one of them survived, did they? That thing can hibernate for thousands of years.[/quote]

Indeed and that is part of the enjoyable ambiguity of the final scene - as Childs and MacReady muse over the fact either of them could be the thing. I’d read somewhere that Childs comes back with a different colour jacket than the one he left the base camp with when he heads of to set up explosives, but haven’t had a chance to check it out properly yet. Probably nonsense but may be worth keeping an eye out for when you next see it.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

1. She’s a woman
  2. Its 2011

[/quote]

Actually, they didn’t show if one of them survived, did they? That thing can hibernate for thousands of years.[/quote]

Indeed and that is part of the enjoyable ambiguity of the final scene - as Childs and MacReady muse over the fact either of them could be the thing. I’d read somewhere that Childs comes back with a different colour jacket than the one he left the base camp with when he heads of to set up explosives, but haven’t had a chance to check it out properly yet. Probably nonsense but may be worth keeping an eye out for when you next see it.

[/quote]

Like I said, MacReady and Childs didn’t survive. No fire, no shelter, and no communications to the outside world. They’re dead. The only way they could survive is if they have the characters in the upcoming prequel search the Antartica for another base that may have come in contact with the Thing.

So they’re dead.