Friends of the Opposite Sex

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
If I were to look back and think about all of the male/female platonic relationships that I’ve seen, I would have to say that there was an element of flirting on one of their behalf’s.

[/quote]

In ANY relationship I have I HAVE to be the funniest, smartest, best looking guy. Everything I do when interacting with a female is pretty much flirting.

Basically I need to be loved…any woman friends I would have, I would have to bang and ultimately make mine in order to prove to myself that they love me…

I dunno. That’s what they tell me.[/quote]

I’ll be damned~

I usually end up wanting to have sex with boys who are willing to be my friend. Like if they’re nice and talk to me and stuff then I start to get all turned on by them and their big giant cudddlynessnes.
AWEeeeee

Boys are so great.

I have never had a female friend I didn’t end up sleeping with at some point.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

[/quote]

I always thought he (she now) was pretty cool…now I just want to ask her for naked pics like all the other dumb hoes on herez.[/quote]

rite?

<PM’z jackie for nakes>

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

[/quote]

I always thought he (she now) was pretty cool…now I just want to ask her for naked pics like all the other dumb hoes on herez.[/quote]

rite?

<PM’z jackie for nakes>[/quote]

She’s about to give birth any day now fellas…

If you’re into the “bout to pop” look go for it…

I agree with Jackie. All of the females that I hang out with are part of a couple that my fiance and I hang out with regularly. I don’t have any female friends that I hang out with, just the two of us. Sooner or later someone will develop feelings other then friendship and it will end badly. I don’t actually have all that many male friends either. I generally work between 60 and 100 hours a week and spend my free time with my fiance, since that is the most important relationship in my life.

Most of the people that I see even trying to maintain friendships with the opposite sex are younger (teens and 20’s) and they appear to do it for various reasons. Men seem to want to be friends with women in the hopes of sleeping with them, or to make it appear like they are sleeping with them, or hoping their female friends will set them up with their friends, and the women just simply want attention from men. It never usually ends well for either.

If I was single (god forbid) I think I’d hang out mostly with females. Most guys I know are fucking boring. Most chicks too, but I’m happy to be the exciting friend if it means a piece of pussy at the end of hanging out with my friend.

I have one good friend who is a girl but I cant rely on her and no longer expect it of her. I have no idea if other women friends are like this as I dont have any other close female friends but were I in need of something then she would be the last on my list to call. I’ve told her this by the way, she didnt really like it so much but its the truth.

Not sure why this is.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
Most of the people that I see even trying to maintain friendships with the opposite sex are younger (teens and 20’s) and they appear to do it for various reasons. Men seem to want to be friends with women in the hopes of sleeping with them, or to make it appear like they are sleeping with them, or hoping their female friends will set them up with their friends, and the women just simply want attention from men. It never usually ends well for either.[/quote]

Nailed it.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
I agree with Jackie. All of the females that I hang out with are part of a couple that my fiance and I hang out with regularly. I don’t have any female friends that I hang out with, just the two of us. Sooner or later someone will develop feelings other then friendship and it will end badly. I don’t actually have all that many male friends either. I generally work between 60 and 100 hours a week and spend my free time with my fiance, since that is the most important relationship in my life.

Most of the people that I see even trying to maintain friendships with the opposite sex are younger (teens and 20’s) and they appear to do it for various reasons. Men seem to want to be friends with women in the hopes of sleeping with them, or to make it appear like they are sleeping with them, or hoping their female friends will set them up with their friends, and the women just simply want attention from men. It never usually ends well for either.[/quote]

I really just like their company…

I find women goofy and entertaining…like squirrels and shit like that. That’s if I don’t wanna fuck them.

The questions they ask are just ridiculous and hilarious…even smart ones have dumb chick moments.

I would think every young guy would want some female friends(platonic ones) so that they now have a gateway to there hot female friends.

BUT THATS JUST CRAZY TALK.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

[/quote]

rite?

[/quote]

Today is supposed to be the day but yah…that remains to be seen.

Even if I weren’t, I’m too hideous anyway. Like revolting. Blindingly.

lol

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

You brought up a point that I didn’t even think of. The guy that wants to make it look like he’s got something going with you but doesn’t. There are just as many women that use the situation for their own attention needs also. The girl that uses the guy to help her fix things, move, buy her drinks, etc. Or just that she is lonely atm and has nobody else around to talk to.

I very much can relate to your first paragraph also. The extra time we do have, we like to spend it with each other. The good thing is that we (husband and I) agree on this matter and are respectful of each other. To protect our relationship, we keep other people of the opposite sex at an arms length. We aren’t frightened to talk to others but we don’t try to encourage what might be perceived as a questionable friendship either.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

[/quote]

rite?

[/quote]

Today is supposed to be the day but yah…that remains to be seen.

Even if I weren’t, I’m too hideous anyway. Like revolting. Blindingly.

lol[/quote]

congrats on your birthday, jackie! I hope all is well with the new person in your life.

and, keep the nakes for now, we’ll renegotiate in a few monthes, mkay?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
IN my experience, women don’t make great long-term, deep friends because (gets out my broad brush) they do not value loyalty as highly as men do.

Number 1 quality I want in a guy friend is someone who is loyal, who I can trust. When was the last time you heard a woman describe her close friends as loyal. Maybe “strong” or “amazing”, but loyal just doesn’t seem as important to them.

[/quote]

Perfect distillation of what I was driving at. I didn’t use the word, but I described the virtue in my earlier post.

One of the defining moments in my friendship with my best friend came when I stayed by his side when he was falsely accused of a crime. This was high school and he was a star pitcher for our state championship baseball team, and was actually being watched by scouts, so this was a very big deal. Our ENTIRE circle of friends as well as his teachers and coaches completely abandoned him immediately. Only I and one other friend believed him and stuck with him. A few days later, the accuser’s story unraveled, all charges were dropped, and there was a lot of egg on a lot of faces. It was a really edifying experience for all of us, as we recognized that the “popular” status we’d so cherished and actually even strove for was just an illusion. It was extremely liberating, actually, as none of us really gave much of damn about popularity after that, but ended up gaining more of it. He decided he wanted nothing to do with that team or any sport thereafter, though he received some pretty serious apologies and was begged to return. It really changed our perspectives about what is important in life.

Anyway, I’m way off on a tangent here, but I think that stories such as these are illustrative of the kinds of values and moments that are important to men, generally.

On another note, I thought this thread would be a little more contentious. It’s not as much fun when everyone agrees. (`_^)

[quote]Cortes wrote:
On another note, I thought this thread would be a little more contentious. It’s not as much fun when everyone agrees. (`_^) [/quote]

It is too. Fuck off dickwad.

[quote]optheta wrote:
I would think every young guy would want some female friends(platonic ones) so that they now have a gateway to there hot female friends.

BUT THATS JUST CRAZY TALK.[/quote]

…or you could just get laid on your own merits instead of relying on fallout like a bitch.

BUT THATS JUST CRAZY TALK

I think all these older teens and younger twenties that think they’re brilliant having opposite gender friends are basically just like I was in High School when I had lots of girls I was friends with but didn’t bang…you know…stupid.

28 is the new 15 !