Friends of the Opposite Sex

How many of you have platonic friends of the opposite sex? I mean someone you’d legitimately call a friend and hang out with?

Recently was sent this link from scientific American

I have more female friends than male ones.

I have a lot more male partners in crime though.

It really depends on the situation…what are we gonna do and what mood im in to determine who I want to kick it with

Women are cool men are cool

Hard to say. I have female friends that I would never sleep with that’s for sure, whether they see things in the same light is not possible for me to be sure of.

Not really.

I find women can make great ‘situational friends’, acquaintances etc…really close friends…usually not. That’s not to say it’s wrong or not possible. Just, not the way it generally pans out.

Sad to say I can not think of one.
Its just the fact that its much more fun to hang out with the guys because of same interests and everything.

I’ve always been friends with a ton of different females, as I have a very sensitive, empathetic, disposition. In fact, as a whole, I probably have more total female friends than male.

But…my FRIENDS have been and always will be men. When it comes to a short list of friends I’d call upon in true emergencies, whom I’d be trust wholly to be there for me and who I’d want to be there, the list is all men.

I have a notion that women tend to bond better with women in general, to have a larger social circle, and are friend-lier than men on the whole; but men form closer, deeper, more lasting bonds than women do. I am blood brothers with my best friend, whom I’ve been friends with for over 20 years now. He still lives in Texas, and we won’t see or talk to each other for sometimes up to a year. Yet, the moment we see each other, it’s like we’re back in high school again.

And before some female jumps my ass about this, well, save your anecdotes. Our relationships really are deeper. Sorry. (^^)v

‘I have a notion that women tend to bond better with women in general, to have a larger social circle, and are friend-lier than men on the whole; but men form closer, deeper, more lasting bonds than women do’

• ^This^

I am “friends” with women only if I want to sleep with them or their friends.

Once this situation has been explored in more detail the friendship ends.

The bropack is just more fun to hang out with.

I only freind a girl that I want to get naked with.

otherwise, why bother?

I have platonic friends of the opposite sex, but not by choice.

They’re platonic because 1) she’s married, 2) she lives too far away (and she was underage when we met – sister of a friend), 3) we broke up and stayed friends, or 4) she has too much drama in her life, so it’s easier to just keep things platonic.

I’m very close friends with a couple exes though; we understood each other pretty well, things just didn’t work out.

But I think every girl I’m actually friends with (not just acquaintances/coworkers), I’ve either slept with or would sleep with, given the right circumstances.

You all are a bunch of weird sex perverts.

What Cortes wrote…

As I get older (I’m 42) I find I spend more time talking with woman, but ultimately I want to bang all the ones that I find attractive.

This is really timely as I have an acquaintance at work that just recently started going out to lunch with one of the more attractive (they’re mostly dogs) women in my building. When I was this I was like, “he’s banging her”. But then I was like…he’s married…MAYBE he’s just friends then I was like nope…

The other day I started seeing them walking around our building through the wooded path…can anyone honestly say they’d take a walk with a woman they aren’t banging or hoping to bang? This is where I throw the whole friends thing out the window…if some male I worked with asked if I wanted to take a walk around the building I’d be like the fuck is wrong with you homo.

Acquaintances maybe but close friends, I doubt. My experience in past has always been what the article relayed: man has an interest in the female and the female has no clue and therefor feels it’s a “safe” friendship. That’s not to say the reverse can’t happen but I feel that it’s the former, usually.

In the past I’ve had platonic friendships with men but usually I would end up explaining that I don’t like them in that way. Now that I’m married, I would not entertain a true male friendship other than that of with my husband because I believe that it’s playing with temptation on somebody’s part. If I were to look back and think about all of the male/female platonic relationships that I’ve seen, I would have to say that there was an element of flirting on one of their behalf’s.

I don’t have a male that I would “hang out with”, no. Couples, yes. I’m polite to friends or acquaintances of my husbands or say a co-worker but to actually build a friendship with that person, I would not. If I were single I might entertain the idea but would have my guard up so as to not give the wrong impression or to falsely give someone the idea that I was interested in anything other than friendship.

IN my experience, women don’t make great long-term, deep friends because (gets out my broad brush) they do not value loyalty as highly as men do.

Number 1 quality I want in a guy friend is someone who is loyal, who I can trust. When was the last time you heard a woman describe her close friends as loyal. Maybe “strong” or “amazing”, but loyal just doesn’t seem as important to them.

Women are for fucking, men are for befriending.

life is way to short to have to have a woman as a friend, and not get naked with her.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Acquaintances maybe but close friends, I doubt. My experience in past has always been what the article relayed: man has an interest in the female and the female has no clue and therefor feels it’s a “safe” friendship. That’s not to say the reverse can’t happen but I feel that it’s the former, usually.

In the past I’ve had platonic friendships with men but usually I would end up explaining that I don’t like them in that way. Now that I’m married, I would not entertain a true male friendship other than that of with my husband because I believe that it’s playing with temptation on somebody’s part. If I were to look back and think about all of the male/female platonic relationships that I’ve seen, I would have to say that there was an element of flirting on one of their behalf’s.

I don’t have a male that I would “hang out with”, no. Couples, yes. I’m polite to friends or acquaintances of my husbands or say a co-worker but to actually build a friendship with that person, I would not. If I were single I might entertain the idea but would have my guard up so as to not give the wrong impression or to falsely give someone the idea that I was interested in anything other than friendship. [/quote]

Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

huh~

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

[/quote]

I always thought he (she now) was pretty cool…now I just want to ask her for naked pics like all the other dumb hoes on herez.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

I don’t have a male that I would “hang out with”, no. Couples, yes. I’m polite to friends or acquaintances of my husbands or say a co-worker but to actually build a friendship with that person, I would not. If I were single I might entertain the idea but would have my guard up so as to not give the wrong impression or to falsely give someone the idea that I was interested in anything other than friendship. [/quote]

Jackie J is a woman?

who would’ve thunk?

huh~[/quote]

I dunno. That’s what they tell me.