Friendly Societies and Vroom

I love sharing the fact with my anti-capitalist friends that charity is a product of capitalist society and not a product of governmental gratitude.

As soon as they realize that capitalism makes the average person more wealthy and that only relatively wealthy people can be charitable it clicks with then. The hard part is trying to correct their collectivist ideas that all “big business is evil” and to instill in them that government can only steal wealth as it does not produce anything without first taking it from someone else’s savings.

[quote]vroom wrote:
orion wrote:
I never pretended to live on the US. How is it that there is an “Austria” right under my avatar that nobody seems to see?

Some even think that it is there because I am a Ron Paul fanatic…

Strange…

Anyway, and arguments coming from your side or just childish insults?

I know you aren’t from the US, and neither am I, but I WAS suggesting that those who ARE get off their asses and vote. How damned complex is that?

You, and some others, represent a fringe in society. Yes, a lot of people are disaffected by the republicans losing their fiscal conservatism, but as soon as they rediscover the path they should be on, the fringe candidates will once again be relegated to the fringe.

Their popularity just demonstrates that somebody has lost their way.[/quote]

And to think that all the time I worried about exploring ideas about politics and economics that are consistent, work in the real world and are ethically defensible, when I should have worried about a nice, dry warm place among the sheeple…