Friendly Competition/Challenge Thread

Hard to tell, but there is a 45 lb plate strapped to my back

Also may have set a (other than wrestling) sweat PR.

Got scolded about recording, sorry about the angle.
425 for 10 (about 85%)

1 Like

@littlesleeper hit 225 for a set of 50. Lot of breathing in between but no racking. Gonna cry now

7 Likes
1 Like

And you said you suck at reps. Nice!

1 Like

I got 7 decent reps on Deadlift with 80% of my true max today, Iā€™ve no idea whether this is a lot or a little but I put a lot of effort into it.

2 Likes

@MarkKO Today was the most miserable squat session of my life. Thanks for the extra push for the PRā€™s.

1 Like

@brady888 glad I could help. Squats for reps are horrible. Itā€™s not like DL where you know when youā€™re done, with squats you can keep going and going depending how miserable you want to get.

I like that. Itā€™s satisfying once the nausea is over.

Mine is tomorrow. I was going to shoot for eight, but now Iā€™m hitting 10 unless I think Iā€™ll hurt myself.

The effort is what matters. Itā€™s a fair amount, though. My best in that range is six or seven.

1 Like

I donā€™t blame you for capping at a reasonable number. Donā€™t know what happened to my 300x26 video, but they were getting really nasty near the end. It was basically an eccentric squat followed by a concentric goodmorning.

1 Like

I donā€™t cap really. I just keep going until Iā€™m not confident itā€™s safe, or until Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll fail. Squat is probably the one lift where Iā€™ll really push.

Just got 9 reps with 85% of my max for bench, I was very close to failing. Although that set puts my 1RM up 7kg so I donā€™t know if it counts.

1 Like

If you do wendler and use,letā€™s say 90% of your max,to find what is the true % you used do 90%X85%=0.90X0.85%=0.765=76.5%

Anyways,a pr is a pr,congrats bro

I wouldnā€™t worry about it bud. My PR set of 10 on squat probably isnā€™t my 85%, but I sirr thought it was before the set happened lol.

No insult meant by capping, I meant what you clarified as sure it would cause injury. I was dumb and was sure that reps 8-10 wouldnā€™t happen though. I just went down and somehow it kept moving.

1 Like

Cool thread.

My only real input here is that I looked up this Alphadestiny guy. He looks like dog shit. I donā€™t know why anyone would listen to him, given the fact that he seems to be all about aesthetics. But whatever. Sometimes you gotta set the bar really, really low, I guessā€¦

Eric Bugenhagen is legit strong, but if you think heā€™s natural, youā€™re not very smart.

And these ultra-high rep sets Bradyā€™s doing are ridiculous. Fucking 225x50. No way. Iā€™ve done 365x20, but probably couldnā€™t get more than 30 out of 225. Because death.

1 Like

@flipcollar Lol, I vomited profusely and my legs are quite tender today. I am 100% sure you could get it for 50. It probably took me 6-7 minutes. The last 10 reps or so were singles with 10 or more deep breaths in between.

1 Like

Before I started wendler I worked up to a 5RM which I use as my training max and also used that to calculate a 1RM so thatā€™s where I got 85% from but this set puts my calculated 1RM 7kg higher. Not very accurate I know but I donā€™t want to test for a 1RM right now and still wanna take part in the thread.

1 Like

I think all YouTube fitness personalities are silly. Itā€™s gotta be really hard to find a way to stand out. I do love me some cheat rows and shrugs though.

Of course man.I didnā€™t try to be an asshole or anything